Phone getting too hot.

davidhobbs01

So I've been riding my NT for about a month now. Only a few complaints, but I'm very happy with the choice I've made. So one of my problems is the heat. This bike gets hot! I feel like I'm riding a lump of coal with two wheels. Anyway, the little side pockets or glove box or whatever you want to call them, on the fairing for small little things get really hot too. It makes sense, that big twin is not far away from it, and all that heat just stays right inside the fairing. I like to use the right side pocket for my phone. However, with all this heat, my phone gets extremely hot. I even got a warning on my phone saying it was too hot. This doesn't work for me.

My solution is to pull out the pockets and apply some adhesive heat shield material. Not just heat shield tape, but something with substance. Some real insulation. Just posting on here to see if anyone else has done anything to remedy this problem.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I did something similar but only along the right side in areas adjacent to the headpipe for the rear cylinder.

Deleted member 540

I always keep my phone on my person. In case of accident it's with me and not the bike.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Your phone will still get too hot. Enclosed space, no air circulation and heat absorbing plastic top.

Would be better if you just found another spot for it. I use an X mount from RAM. Installed a RAM ball in the hole normally used for mirrors on the clutch lever. That way it does not overheat, even in 110 temps in traffic. And, it is easy to slip out to put in your pocket.

I don't think I have ever ridden any bike that is not hot in traffic. Some are worse than others. The NT has an annoying habit of sending hot air toward the downwind leg when in a cross wind (my Goose does that as well). Not as bad as my first bike, a CB500. It was hot all the time. Hot air on the legs when riding. Hot air when sitting.

tawilke46

I used to bake on my '96 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan. My downwind leg was toast after a long ride. All bikes are hot, some more than others.
Make sure the seal between the tank and seat is properly installed on the NT.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Are you riding with riding pants? When I ride without them, my legs get fairly warm in traffic. But on trips out of town, I always ride with riding pants and have never been too hot.

Like others, I wouldn't put electronic things in the fairing pockets. I carry my Kindle in the map carrier attached to my tank bag and that hasn't been a problem. I want the phone on me.

Top Bottom