Pig Trail

ARKNT

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Took a great ride today. Temps good, little traffic, leaves changing color, good food. About the only thing that would have made it better was if I had timed it better so I chould see the elk in the fields by the Buffalo Nat River.
For you non-Arkansas types the Pig Trail is AR hwy 23 which leads to Razorback country. This is a great ride when the leaves change. Up hwy 23, over on 16, follow the Buffalo a little, then back down senic hwy 7.
Here are a few pics attached.

Brad

Attachments

• 002M.jpg
    002M.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 33
  • 004M.jpg
    004M.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 005M.jpg
    005M.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 30
  • 006M.jpg
    006M.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 25
I'm planning to ride the Pig Trail this Fall. Since it is a bit of a drive, I'd like to see it as close to peak color as possible. I am debating this weekend or next weekend. Since you were there today, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance for the info, and the nice pictures.

Ken

I was just there lastweek............stayed in a cool cabin close to Boxley Valley. Did all the roads south of Euricka Springs and east of Mena into Oklahoma. The roads were in great shape, little traffic and scenery colorful............I must say one of my best riding trips in awhile. Saw plenty of Elk in Boxley Valley.

NW Arkansas is great riding country...especially in this time of year. Unfortunately, the only times I've been there on a motorcycle (or a bicycle for that matter) it's been early to mid-August and the heat and humidity have made it slightly less enjoyable.

Done hwy 23 many times, I try to do it every time I'm in that area. hwy 21 parallels it to the east, not quite as nice but a nice road as well. You can get lost in that part of AR and not even care, just ride and smile..

Great pics.

Looks and sounds like a great trip. I hope to make it up there someday. Thanks for sharing.

I'd like to see it as close to peak color as possible.

Ken, I would say right about now is peak color. Really that is the reason I went. I was out deer hunting, whatching leaves fall and noticing how the colors had changed quite a lot in just a couple days. I have run this route before but catching the color is hit or miss for me.
It is raining today and temps are supposed to drop so I think that will cause leaves to change color and drop faster. I wouldn't wait.

Brad

Back
Top Bottom