Potentially Historic Winter Storm

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Well, just as spring appears to be on its way ('ceptin' fer JJ) Mother Nature appears to be throwing the Mountain West a big Mickey. I was reading the National Weather Service forecaster discussion and they advised that winter storm Xylia is "potentially historic" and it appears that Phil is sitting at ground zero. Looks like there could be up to two feet of "global warming". He and Horse may not get dug out 'til May.

Good Luck!

Mike

We'll actually probably get dug out by Monday. After all, it's only supposed to be 2-3' of snow. But the alley will stay icy for at least a couple of weeks.

Maybe this will let me finally finish farkling Horse. I was lacking one small part to finish installing the Clearwater Darla driving lights, so I took them off the bike to go riding with Ken yesterday. Then I'll get my Fenda'Extenda installed and that will finish everything I've thought of so far. 🤔

Earlier today in the San Fernando Valley we had 3 separate hailstorms at different parts of the day.

Mother Nature has been behaving quite strangely everywhere lately. Climate Change is sure making her moody.

Well, just as spring appears to be on its way ('ceptin' fer JJ)

Nope, Spring was here - Yesterday. Then we got rain, a little ice and about an inch of snow overnight. They promise another warm-up next week. Our winter has been very mild except for a bout 2 weeks of below zero weather in early February. Our snowfall has been about 1/3 or 1/4 of our normal. I've only had to plow snow about 4 times all winter. That is why I'm worried that the rest will come in the next few months. The good part about late season snowstorms is that, as disappointing as they are, the snow doesn't last long.

I heard a weather man on TV say we have "high amplitude weather cycles now". We all joke about the weather but for those people who loose their homes in fires, tornados, hurricanes, and floods it is no joke. And when I get my property insurance bill, that isn't a joke either. Someone has to pay for all those losses and it sure isn't the insurance companies.

Clear and in the mid 70's through Sunday in Hotlanta.:) Then the rains return with cooler temps. The worst snow storms here usually happen around the end of March / early April so this is just "fooled you" weather most likely. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom