PR4s available!!!

I do not expect to get the mileage out of the Shinko that I got out of the PR3 I am just curious now as it seems to ride as well and has much better traction in slippery conditions. Also as I said it was inexpensive [80.00].

I returned my Nolan N91 and I have tried on every Modular offering from Shoei, Bell, HJC and Nolan.
None of them would make me happy except the Neotech, which I will not pay full price for.

Anyway, with my in-store credit I will forego a new helmet for a while and I have ordered a new set of PR4s
Don't need 'em yet but I will have them in the closet waiting to be mounted

Bike Bandit has a sale on PR4 $298.66 for both. Lowest price before I saw was $303 for both. I will skip my front PR3 in garage and put these on first since others and I want to see the mileage.

that would be an extra $4 off from a previous low sale price of $303 so I bought them. regular price would be somewhere around $360

edit....
Just checked website 38% would bring them down to $307, so I got slightly better %. sale must have ended before Saturday. when rednigel ordered them lowest sale price I could find was the $303, so I just waited till I saw a lower price

I did not get the GT style

Last edited:
Well, finally had an opportunity to get my new PR4's on the NT and got the first 42 miles on them before it got dark. Am quite impressed with how different they feel than the PR2's I've been running. Only got on a short section of curvy road, but can tell the difference in handling, although never really had complaints on the PR2's. Hope their mileage outlooks are correct.

Just installed a rear PR4, will have results in about 6-8 months. Judging on 5 months for the PR3 rear I just took off @ 12,555 miles. The other PR3 rear lasted 13,739 miles. And....just in time for the TNT rally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have put a few hundred miles on my PR4s and I'm extremely happy with them compared to the OEM tires. It's feels like a totally different bike. Improved ride quality, less vibes, so much smoother and handles the turns much better. I'd highly recommend them.

Hopefully, they last as long as they say they do.

It pays to let your fingers do the walking. I just broke down and ordered my PR4s from Lynnwood Cycle Barn. Mounting and balancing, including removal and reinstallation on the bike is only $33 per wheel.

Chris

Make sure they service the rear drive when the rear wheel is removed. Ask them what lube they use on the splines. Correct answer should be Honda Molly 60. Also inspect/replace the three O rings that are part of the flange setup. You pay your money and take your chances.:)

Make sure they service the rear drive when the rear wheel is removed. Ask them what lube they use on the splines. Correct answer should be Honda Molly 60. Also inspect/replace the three O rings that are part of the flange setup. You pay your money and take your chances.:)

Chuck - you beat me to it. I buy my tires through a specialty shop too, but they have a good mechanic who does other work in the shop. Frankly, I didn't know about the rear drive service until you posted it - and then we saw Phil's situation.

Not being a mechanic, I wouldn't know "Honda Moly 60" from kitchen grease. Is the Honda brand the ONLY lube to use, or are there quality moly lubes that can be sued that most any good mechanic would have in his shop? I guess what I'm saying is this: when I go in to have my rear tire replaced next month, should I bring my own Honda Moly 60 with me to have him use, or can I just let him use another quality moly?

And - thanx again for posting that series about the rear drive service.

Last edited:
I thought my bike was going to be fixed today, but I got a call from Sun Honda a bit ago. They told me that the pinion bearing is "smoked." They hadn't ordered that part, so they've got to do that and told me to expect 7-10 days more. :-(

I think that if I had seen the final drive the way I did when Chuck and I had it apart, I would have suspected that anything sensitive to heat might be in trouble. But by the time Nic, my mechanic there saw it, Chuck and I had lubed it up good with Honda Moly 60.

Chuck - you beat me to it. I buy my tires through a specialty shop too, but they have a good mechanic who does other work in the shop. Frankly, I didn't know about the rear drive service until you posted it - and then we saw Phil's situation.

Not being a mechanic, I wouldn't know "Honda Moly 60" from kitchen grease. Is the Honda brand the ONLY lube to use, or are there quality moly lubes that can be sued that most any good mechanic would have in his shop? I guess what I'm saying is this: when I go in to have my rear tire replaced next month, should I bring my own Honda Moly 60 with me to have him use, or can I just let him use another quality moly?

And - thanx again for posting that series about the rear drive service.

It needs to be a min. of 40% moly paste. Most moly paste that is on the auto parts store shelves is 3%. It would be advised that you buy the Honda Molly and take it to your mechanic and instruct him to use it. About 10 bucks for a 4 oz tube which lasts me about two 3 to four years with two bikes that require it. Cheap insurance. Also take the O-rings in with you. About another 10 bucks for the three. And if you are really anal and don't want to get your hands dirty, take in the service manual with the sections that apply, marked off, for your mechanic.

Last edited:
It needs to be a min. of 40% moly paste. Most moly paste that is on the auto parts store shelves is 3%. It would be advised that you buy the Honda Molly and take it to your mechanic and instruct him to use it. About 10 bucks for a 4 oz tube which lasts me about two 3 to four years with two bikes that require it. Cheap insurance. Also take the O-rings in with you. About another 10 bucks for the three. And if you are really anal and don't want to get your hands dirty, take in the service manual with the sections that apply, mark off, for your mechanic.

Gotcha - exactly the information I need.

And - I have a service manual and already have the correct pages dog-eared.

I guess I was neglected in my childhood - I never learned to be a mechanic. Yes, I change my own oil, but that's all I trust myself with. The guy who installs my farkles (BigPhil on this forum) gets a giggle when he sees how easily I screw things up when I try to do them myself.

Thanx again, Chuck - and I hope to meet you in Spearfish.

Back
Top Bottom