Pulse Generator

Bike
‘10 NT700VA ‘10 HD Trike
Gentlemen,
2 weeks back I asked about a issue I was having and we came to the conclusion I needed a Pulse Generator. I ordered it and after 2 phone calls it should be arriving today.
Question? Do I need a gasket? I don’t remember seeing one in the Microfiche explosion.
Thanks in advance!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
No gasket necessary. They recommend using Honda hi-temp, non-hardening sealer but I'm sure you can find an equivalent. And it only takes a small amount so I smear it on with my finger!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Here is picture of when I did my Crank Position Sensor (Pulse Generator), which is the small black box at 2 pm around the crankcase. I removed the muffler and also loosened the headpipes but others have said it wasn't necessary. Just take your time because it's not a difficult task.

The gray residue seen on the sealing edges of the crankcase are the remnants of the factory sealer.

Clutch cover removed.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ett
When I replaced my crank position sensor last month, I did not have to remove the header pipes. I DID have to remove the muffler and it was a real battle. First of all, I couldn't remove the passenger foot peg assembly which would have made things much easier, however it is not actually required. If the muffler was attached to a single pipe, you could twist the muffler to loosen it, however, the NT700 has 2 pipes going into one muffler, so twisting is not possible. It took lots of penetrating oil, time, a torch to heat things up, some creative language, some banging with a block of wood and a hammer.....then it finally came loose. That was BY FAR the most difficult part of the job. FWIW, on reassembly, the muffler slide right on with the help of a little tapping with a block of wood. Once you get the sidecover off, the actual changing of the sensor is a breeze. You may be lucky and have the muffler come loose easily. I seem to be the only one to ever mention how difficult it was to remove. Maybe just my bad luck.

Cliff

Reactions: ett
Top Bottom