Query on Zumo GPS

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
I was reading about the Garmin Zumo GPS and had a few queries about how it handles phone calls, so asking here. IF anyone has the new Zumo XT or the Zumo 396, please help.

Typically normal phone call show up on GPS device screen with caller ID and you can tap "yes" to answer them and "no" to reject. Since WhatsApp calls are data calls , my question was that do they show up on the zumo display with the Caller ID and yes/no dialogue?

1) If a normal cellular call comes in, will
a) it flash notification on the zumo
b) if yes, if i tap on the yes button, will I be able to have the conversation

2) If a whatsapp call comes in, will
a) it flash notification on the zumo
b) if yes, if i tap on the yes button, will I be able to have the conversation

PS: why I am asking this Q is, I keep my phone in my pocket and when call comes I have to stop and check....

TIA

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a Zumo XT but I can't answer your question. When I'm traveling, I don't want to get phone calls. I don't need music other than what's already in my head, so I just ride in silence.

I like the XT, but mine hasn't been trouble free. It only has an intermittent connection to the bike's power, so by the time I've ridden 6-7 hours, it goes away. Garmin told me that they'd had problems with the mount and the power cord. They were out of power cords and didn't expect to get them from their supplier until Oct. 23rd, but it came yesterday and I'll get it on tomorrow. The mount came about three weeks ago and I thought it had fixed the problem but it hadn't. So, I like the Zumo, but, at the moment, I'm not real thrilled with Garmin. But that's not really anything new.

If they really wanted to make me happy, they'd come out with a user-friendly version of Base Camp.

OP
OP
Sunny

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
I've got a Zumo XT but I can't answer your question. When I'm traveling, I don't want to get phone calls. I don't need music other than what's already in my head, so I just ride in silence.

I like the XT, but mine hasn't been trouble free. It only has an intermittent connection to the bike's power, so by the time I've ridden 6-7 hours, it goes away. Garmin told me that they'd had problems with the mount and the power cord. They were out of power cords and didn't expect to get them from their supplier until Oct. 23rd, but it came yesterday and I'll get it on tomorrow. The mount came about three weeks ago and I thought it had fixed the problem but it hadn't. So, I like the Zumo, but, at the moment, I'm not real thrilled with Garmin. But that's not really anything new.

If they really wanted to make me happy, they'd come out with a user-friendly version of Base Camp.
Phil, I second you on base-camp. ... I like it, but it keeps crashing (even on a totally new computer) and then all work is lost. There is no crtl+s to save the work midway too... so I close BC every 5 minutes to save the work.

I to prefer to ride in silence, but on my early mornign rides, family call on whatsApp ... I have TomTOm 550 and WhatsApp calls dont show up on it :(

On topic of XT, can I request yup to please do a lil experiment and let me know if you see the notification of a whatsapp call on XT when you get a whatsApp call....

PS: from what I see, Garmin Software on GPS is better than TomToms....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
When I get the Zumo's new power cord hooked up with the new mount, I'll let you talk me through how to be ready to get a Whatsapp call. Then you can calll me on Whatsapp.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
All the zumos I've had will handle the cell calls as you indicated, not sure about whatsapp.

Top Bottom