Question on headset / intercom (Sena SPH10)

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Hello all! My wife and I both ride and we recently purchased a pair of Sena SPH10 headsets. We both use half helmets and this seemed to be the perfect solution to stay in contact with each other while riding. They work great.

The problem? They are about as uncomfortable as you can get. I cannot stand to wear them more than 15 minutes - if that. Does anyone here use these sets? Any suggestions on modifications to make them more comfortable? Otherwise, any suggestions for other headsets? There just isn't that many options for half helmets.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
what helmets do you use?

Some half face helmets come with pockets where you can place the speakers...

or you can try these:
Vega 93-2704 Men's Universal Speaker Ready Ear Pads One Size Fits Vega https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SIPHOPS/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_WE8R2E77KX5S59ECFKGB via @amazon

check out SPH10H, looks like it rests in the pockets and not on your ears...

Sena SPH10H-FM-01 Motorcycle Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom with Built... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTSHCXA/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_CAVHEHMH98BY2P9M89ME via @amazon

OP
OP
Fishermark
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
If I had it to do over again, we would probably have gone with the Sena SPH10H that fits in the half helmet. But we thought the SPH10 would be more flexible and could be used in other circumstances. I have a Daytona half helmet and my wife uses a GMax HH65 Torque helmet.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Q) Are they uncomfortable due to them hanging on your ears (weight )

OR

Are they uncomfortable as they push hard against your ear?

OR

Does the air pressure of the moving air cause them to pull back on your ears?

If we know a little more about the issue, may be we can suggest some mitigations.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
..or wear a 3/4 helmet or a modular? With a hard shell all the way down to the shoulders, it makes it much easier to provide ear pockets for speakers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom