R.I.P. Motorcyclelarry - 2012/09/25

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I just got a voicemail informing me Larry passed away this afternoon after complications from an infection.

He had a tough last few years. Would like to send thoughts and prayers to his family.

R.I.P. Larry.....

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
I never knew him personally, only by reputation and I have benefited from the MCL risers for the NT (or I will once I fit them after recently purchasing them) so it was a pleasure to know him, so to speak

R.I.P Larry

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
That's a shame. Joe, do you know where we can send sympathy cards?

Never mind .... sometimes I forget that I can find things all by myself.

It's:

MCL
NPT Engineering Inc.
1925 Angus Ave., Suite G
Simi Valley, CA 93063

Last edited:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that... Larry was a pleasure to do business with and made quality products...one of the few "old school" vendors / riders out their....

For those of you who may not know Larry, with Joe's assistance, started the first NT700 forum in North America, NT-Owners.com the forerunner of this website. After his first accident he was unable to maintain the website and it was eventually over run by spam. At that point Joe (Mellow) set up this forum, the .org, for us to migrate to while the old .com site was in limbo. Larry was also an early adopter of the NT and one of the first vendors in the States to start designing, producing and selling high quality farkles for it. Rest In Peace Larry....and a "Semper Fi" as well!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Sad to hear of the passing of MCL. Although I didn't know him personally I bought accessories from him and was always happy with the A-1 quality.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Wayne,
Thanks for putting that mini-history out for the folks that were not around on the old website before Larry's first bicycle accident. It was through his early work and Mellow's stepping in to help and carry on that we have the site we all enjoy today. R.I.P. Larry, we'll all miss you. :frown:

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Very sad news. I am proud to have a set of his risers on my NT. His legacy will live through his love for riding and what he shared with us through his business.

tawilke46

I am so sorry to hear of Larry's passing. He was such an avid supporter of the NT and this forum. So sad.
He will be missed very much by everyone.
Was really hoping he would return to good health.

For me, when I bought my NT two years ago, I found his website and he seemed very pleased with the NT. when I'd want to show people what my bike looked like, I went to his website to show him. I appreciate his dedication to making high quality parts for many motorcycles, including the NT. Thank you Larry. Good luck to your family.

Terry

Top Bottom