Rally Reno Osh Pics, etc

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Eventually, I will upload my rally pics/ OSH to photobucket...not sure if they have to be resized or what but it will happen.

If I dont have to resize them, I will put them up this weekend....I suspect I will have to resize them but I dont know photobucket that well yet.

Meanwhile, Phil has requested my Oshkosh pics.

So here is the deal.
I am going to send Phil a disc of my 2012 OSH pics and rally pics.....a CD data disc will probably hold them all.
I will also be sending him a Data DVD of all my Osh pics and Reno pics, arranged in folders, over the last 10 years.
He has my permission to copy the discs and send them to anyone he likes.....
.....if you like aeroplanes, you will enjoy the OSH and REno pics.....I will be glad to send out more discs but right now I am a bit pressed for time

Also see these.....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/ntsb/

Last edited:

tawilke46

Awesome photos Chris. I haven't been to a good air show in years.
Would love to go to Oshkosh one year. Need to put it on my bucket list.

That P-38 looks very close to the ground! WOW!

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
In some ways it's kind of disheartening when I go to a show like Oshkosh and know that 80% of the people who come to it are non-pilots and most of those never will be.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
In some ways it's kind of disheartening when I go to a show like Oshkosh and know that 80% of the people who come to it are non-pilots and most of those never will be.
Pics of rally now posted photobucket!
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Spearfish2012/
Rich, what you say is true only for Friday Saturday and Sunday. I come on the first Sunday and stay through Friday, usually. Normally, I camp next to a UAL Capt, A UAL first officer, a missonary pilot, the head of simulators for UAL Denver, three pilots who work in accideent reconstruction, etc We all leave on Friday before the NASCAR crowd shows cause the whole event changes charactor. I would say the first three/four days are made of of folks who are directly involved with aviation or who have a deep love for it, many for far away countries. I dont think I have ever NOT had someone camp at least on one side of me who wasnt a pilot, and I camp a mile away from the flightline.
Those that come two weeks early with their big motorhomes to get a good spot close to the flghtline in the trees I am sure are deeply involved with aviation. They leave their motorhomes and pay the daily fee and come back when the event starts. But, the final Sat and Sun are a zoo of people from Chicago, Minn and Milwawkee who have little connection with aviation.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Awesome photos Chris. I haven't been to a good air show in years.
Would love to go to Oshkosh one year. Need to put it on my bucket list.

That P-38 looks very close to the ground! WOW!
That's Lefty Gardner's P-38 White lightning. In the old days you could get away with such low flying but not now. The canopy must be above the pylon bucket. Lefty's son lightly crashed the White lightning and Red Bull bought it and restored it as an early model and flys it in Europe.

I hope you get to Reno before it goes away for ever. Its the best nine days of my life every year. Camping in the high desert in Sept after riding a bike from Spokane is wonderful...self medicating under the stars, flying all day. Froast on the bike seat in the morning.....
See if you can spot me at the 58 second point of this reno trailer....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pddzTXCEmgU

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
A couple of folks in my area were killed in that crash last year at Reno. This is hard stuff these guys are undertaking.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My Concours-riding friend who's helping me with my cruise control installation, would have been sitting within about 20 feet of the spot if he hadn't skipped making the trip for the first time in twelve years.

You're right -- what they do is a long way from being easy.

Top Bottom