Rear NT650V wheel is centered

spacetiger

Got the rear wheel centered in the PC800 today. It took some mods to the swing arm left pivot point, final drive adjustment and wheel retainer ring mod. All in all, not too bad.

It looks like the NT700V rear brake caliper and bracket will work out space wise on the PC swing arm. I'll have to brace the back end of the right side so I can run an anchor bolt in to hold the bracket from spinning.

Now that the wheel is centered, I will recenter the VT1100 engine by moving it from right side to left side. I need the room for the exhaust system coming from the rear cylinder..

Attachments

OP
OP

spacetiger

Got the rear tire mounted on the NT650V rim this morning. A quick fit check shows the new wheel/tire combo will fit in the PC swing arm. I have about 0.5" clearance front and side. I believe the fit will be closer to the top side of the inner left trunk (about 0.25 clearance in a couple of spots. Will get the front mounted later this afternoon after a run to the dealer to get another stem (poor advance planning).

Jerry

Attachments

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Jerry, this looks like a really interesting project. You should have one fine Pacific Coast 1100 when you are done.

OP
OP

spacetiger

Thanks Redbird, I hope so. Perhaps if it all works out, I should have some new decals made up PC1100 vs ST1100...

I post over here because I think I'll end up getting an NT one day, but some of the mods are applicable to the NT. Not the the wheels/tires, but the front] suspension changes would be.

jerry

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Thanks for keeping us posted on your project. It makes one realize the possibilities if we dream a little.

ARKNT

OP
OP

spacetiger

Front wheel is done. It is a lower profile tire than the stock PC, but same width.

When the new fork top pieces come in, I will transfer over the new wheels and tires as long as the modified swing arm (set up for the VT1100 engine) still works with the PC engine. The issue will be the side displacement of the engines.

When I transfer over the wheels and suspension, I will transfer the larger discs on the PC over to the NT650V wheel - and yes, I know the discs on the NT wheel are on the wrong sides...

Jerry

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom