Removing vibration from the handlebar/grips

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
changing the weight distribution of the bars, changes their amplitude of the vibrations.

It also changes frequency. After noticing the difference in vibratory sensations between a 4-cyl bike like the Connie and 2-cyl bikes like the NT and my old GL-650 Silverwing, I think frequency is a big issue in changing the perception of vibration and the level of irritation associated with it.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I installed a set of the 2" Rox Risers with rubber grommets this morning. I have about a 1" to the rear adjustment and a 1 1/2" rise. I replaced just a straight 1" rise set of risers, and the difference is very noticeable from the straight 1", even though it sounds like a small amount.
I loosened the brake line clamp below the bars and gained about a 1/2 " of line. I rotated the clutch lever just a little to gain some clutch cable slack. I checked turning side to side , with engine running and no problems or change in speed were noted. The handle bar and controls just barely clear the tank in both directions.
I took a 45 mile ride and every thing was fine, more comfortable in reach and there was a very noticeable reduction in vibration at all speeds. It is not completely gone at 70-75, but nearly gone at 55 - 65 where I am at mostly.
I think I will attempt to rotate both the left clutch and control buttons and the brake reserve just a little more to gain just as much slack as possible, as both look just a little tight right now. Even a tiny bit would help take any strain off.
The rubber bushings are apparently adjustable as to tightness, so I will experiment with that in time.
All in all, I think the Rox Risers will work great and they were immediately shipped out by Rox direct.

Top Bottom