Report on MCL Risers and lower Footpegs

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I took a 100mi ride with the MCL hardware installed. The risers were the most noticable since they allowed me a more upright more comfortable position.

The Foot Pegs allowed a better angle for my hip--left is a partial patch job (pinned) and my right one is recently injured. The pegs do give you a different orientation to the brake pedal and shift lever--not necessarily bad--will just have to get used to where things are. The hundred miles were cake because of the risers and pegs. The quality of the risers and particularly the pegs is outstanding.

In my case, the bike is a better fit, so the mod was worth it. Incidentally, the installation was really simple--20 min. The thing that took the longest was finding the torque spec for the handlebars (20 Foot Pounds)

Our readers might want to check their handlebar bolts. Mine were loose--not even close to 20 foot pounds. The new bolts got the Loctite Blue treatment and were tightened to the Honda Spec.

A nice twist in my 100mi ride was that the H-D Honda Dealer where I bought my bike had a Customer Appreciation Day with Hot Dogs, Burgers, Soda, and such. I won one of the door prizes--a $75 Gift Certificate. They had Joe Rocket Red and Black official Honda jackets marked down from $249 to $149. They had one in my size--so in effect, I got a $249 jacket for $75. It's a really nice jacket and I wore it home. Should be better in the summer heat.

Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
Nice! Congrats on the jacket! How does it feel with the 'wider stance' of the pegs being set farther away from the bike? Sometimes I ride with my boots half way off the (stock) pegs because it feels more natural in that position. But not very safe, I imagine the MCL pegs would benefit my comfort.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Now I need to figure out a way to move the brake pedal and shift lever more outboard. The natural inclinarion for the brake pedal is to go straight down--not in and down. The shift lever is ok--I can get used to that. Time for some engineering.

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
I,ve got a set of slightly used MCL peg lowers I will part with for cheap if anyone is interested. I can't use my bike lift with them installed. I also have the MCL bar risers and steering head top plate with ball attachment and powerlet for sale also. Got a longer set of risers I'm installing this winter.

Top Bottom