RG Racing Heated Grips

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
I put these on the Sprint just in time for the big freeze in November, but got to try them out in December.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-heated-grips-for-7-8-inch-diameter-handlebars

Installation was pretty straightforward. I wired these through my Fuzeblock FZ-1 on a switched circuit (so I couldn't forget to turn them off) with 5-amp fuse. The grips include a 5-stage controller that can be mounted using the included handlebar clamp or with double-sided sticky tape to any flat surface. I had to move my right-hand controls (throttle and kill switch) about 3/16 of an inch inboard to accomodate my Kaoko throttle lock. The grips themselves are pretty comfortable, with plenty of texture and about the same "squishyness" as the stock Honda grips. The controller wiring is more than long enough for clean routing from my bars to the underseat FZ-1.

At $59.00, they are GREAT! With insulated riding gloves my hands were warm and toasty when I rode to work at 28 degrees. (setting 4 on the controller). At 45 degrees I'm using setting 2 or 3 depending on my speed. The button on the controller is a bit hard to feel with heavy gloves on, but works well. They seem to be pretty durable, and survived one light rainstorm on the Interstate at 80mph so far, but time will tell if they will hold up for the long run. They also remember their last setting when I shut the bike down - I just start the engine, push the controller button once and they turn on at whatever heat setting they were on last time. It's a nice detail touch that I appreciate.

Cheers,

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
They look very similar to the ones I have on my bike. The controller is the same and the pattern on the grips is the same.

If it is the same then they are great.

I've been using mine for about 4 years through all sorts of foul weather. They are seriously waterproof, if the power drops too low on the bike they cut out until the voltage is back up to normal. I've only used settings 1 - 3 even in temperatures down to -20C.

I can thoroughly recommend them.

Top Bottom