karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I've found that riding my bike is really great for my back. I have 5 slipped discs and if I don't ride regularly I start to get twinges in my lower back.

Although all back problems are different I would recommend you try to get a few miles in as soon as possible.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Thanks John, I have a rule I made for myself of no more than one drink per riding day. The meds have me a lot loopier than that at the moment. When that slows down I will get back on.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Karl, I've got an NT riding buddy who has a written prescription from his back doc framed and hanging on the wall. It prescribes a minimum of 500 miles/week to manage back pain. Jim's got his wife on his side. If he doesn't get enough riding in, she throws him out the door.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Phil would you get me the name of that Doc. :)

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Karl, The only reason I got the NT was because I blew my back out falling off my house--wind gust caught me and the ladder an I fell 18'. Riding my Ninja was no longer possible. My doctor, who rides a H-D Soft Tail, recommended a touring bike. I opted for a Sport Tourer--no regrets. Certainly enjoy the NT and plan to keep it. When the tendon I messed up heals--doc says about a year to a year and a half, I will get another Sportbike for blasting around the twisteys. I definitely plan to use the NT for long trips. I had a lot of fun with my green Ninja--fun on the track and fun to mess around with during the week. I couldn't store it for a year. I did get a good trade in toward the NT.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Sorry to hear about your back. No fun. Here's hoping you get back on quickly, once past the serious meds stage. Should have a nice ride report for you Sunday or Monday.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Thanks all, now i am feeling like a real jerk for being such a pity monger. The debilitating pain is gone now what is left is bad data coming and going to my right leg. Not quite the ministry of silly walks level but you get the point. I am fortunate to have heath insurance sick leave from work and a faithful bike in the garage waiting for my return. Not to mention a loving wife and family. Thanks all
enjoy

Top Bottom