Right faring removal to replace turn signal

pacejamr

Does anyone know of a place where I can get instructions on removing the right faring so I can replace the right turn indicator?

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Does anyone know of a place where I can get instructions on removing the right faring so I can replace the right turn indicator?
If you're game enough to take this on it means you will be doing other adventures as well. You'll want a service manual. I recently had to remove both right and left middle cowlings to replace a radiator. Good news is that the right one is considerably easier than the left. Enjoy.

OP
OP

pacejamr

I take it you suggest I put it back together and then take it to the dealer. Some adventures I don't need.

elizilla

Are you replacing the bulb, or the whole indicator? If it's just the bulb, you shouldn't need to take off the whole side - just the pocket.

OP
OP

pacejamr

I took out the pocket, but the bulb screws top and bottom to the fairing behind the instrument panel cover. My problem with the bulb is that I was knocked down at a stop light when someone in the left lane wanted in the right lane, where I was. I became a believer in helmets and mesh jackets very quickly. When my bike hit the pavement, the mirror rolled back and the knobs that hold the bulb to the fairing broke off. The guy that hit me replaced the engine guard, saddlebag hard case, helmet and Olympia Tech 3 mesh jacket. I found the loose bulb while I was replacing the engine guard and installing a GPS mount. I don't want to leave it at the dealership waiting for them to fix it, and thought I could easily replace the bulb. I am coming to believe that will not be the case.

elizilla

pacejamr, take at look at this parts diagram.

Are you talking about part #5, or part #2?

If it's part #5, the bulb, it can be replaced without pulling the whole side cowl off the bike, you just remove the pocket and reach up inside, and twist the bulb out - there are no screws there.

But if it's part #2, the lens, then yes, you need to pull the side cowl.

And if it is part #2 that is loose, it may not just be that part - you may have broken tabs on the side cowl as well. Which the guy who hit you, ought to pay for - it's expensive.

Top Bottom