Risers

NL7U

On the "other thread"....whatever happened to that site, anyway???? I had posted my install of a set of Rox Risers, using all the existing cables. I only had to undo the brake hose bracket. After giving the system a years' trial with the Rox Risers, it is still inadequate for me. My hands still hurt after only a few miles of leaning on them. I am 67 years old and don't want to get advice to redistribute weight, flex shoulders or pucker my butt.....my KLR650 has a sit up straight riding position that I can ride for for hours and hours without hurting. I want to keep my 700, but now it is time to either get serious about a more comfortable riding position with all new wider, higher bars (the cheapest solution), or get rid of the bike. I do not believe that replacing these items is a job that the average rider with a crescent wrench and two screwdrives cannot accomplish. The length of the electical harnesses might leave me scratching around for a solution if they prove to be too short with just repositioning. I hope to find a solution one of these days, but in the meantime, my 700 is just for short, around town trips.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Here is a photo of me with on the NT. I have 1" MCL risers and Sargent seat lowered 1". I didn't see in the the thread if you have modded the seat yet or what your dimensions are. These obviously matter. I have made three 500 mile days and routinely do 300+. Both Sargent and Corbin have good seats for this bike. That said, I am having my seat mod modded because I still sit forward of the "dish" designed into the seat.

bicyclist

On the "other thread"....whatever happened to that site, anyway???? I had posted my install of a set of Rox Risers, using all the existing cables. I only had to undo the brake hose bracket. After giving the system a years' trial with the Rox Risers, it is still inadequate for me. My hands still hurt after only a few miles of leaning on them. I am 67 years old and don't want to get advice to redistribute weight, flex shoulders or pucker my butt.....my KLR650 has a sit up straight riding position that I can ride for for hours and hours without hurting. I want to keep my 700, but now it is time to either get serious about a more comfortable riding position with all new wider, higher bars (the cheapest solution), or get rid of the bike. I do not believe that replacing these items is a job that the average rider with a crescent wrench and two screwdrives cannot accomplish. The length of the electical harnesses might leave me scratching around for a solution if they prove to be too short with just repositioning. I hope to find a solution one of these days, but in the meantime, my 700 is just for short, around town trips.
See the stickie at the top of the page "Sources for longer cables". I put higher bars on my bike and found that there was enough slack in the electrical harnesses that they were not a problem.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Not being strapped on you do have the option to move your butt around during your ride. The stock seat gives you some room to move about. Many of the bikes from my youth had flat seats and you could slide all the way back to the pax location if you wanted to.

Steve

Did the one inch risers allow enough forward rotation to change the throttle wrist angle? I think the bar is angled back towards me to much and when you twist the throttle it puts my wrist into enough of a bind that it will hurt after awhile. I agree with another post that wider less angled bars, like I have on my 2008 KLR, cause no discomfort at all. So, did the risers help you in that regard?

Bike
Silver NT700V
They probably would. I haven't tried changing that parameter yet but from looking at the cables and clearances it should work.

keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Did the one inch risers allow enough forward rotation to change the throttle wrist angle? I think the bar is angled back towards me to much and when you twist the throttle it puts my wrist into enough of a bind that it will hurt after awhile. I agree with another post that wider less angled bars, like I have on my 2008 KLR, cause no discomfort at all. So, did the risers help you in that regard?
Yes, I have mine rotated down to where when in a full turn there is only a thumb width of space between the tank and the bars. I also have the MCL risers.

Top Bottom