Rising star Energica doubles global electric motorcycles sales, up 5x in the US

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Energica has now expanded to 95 dealers around the world including in key markets of France, Germany, and the UK. The company has recently entered new markets of Australia, Eastern Europe, Portugal, Paskistan, and Nepal.
In the US alone, Energica increased from 14 to 25 dealers.
….
At the time, Energica had three models of 125+ mph (200+ km/h) electric motorcycles. Since then, the recently launched Energica Experia sport touring model has added a fourth bike to the company’s lineup.
I had the pleasure of cruising the winding roads of the Italian Alps on that bike, barely making a dent in the Experia’s massive range. To put it in hard numbers, the bike offers a city range of 420 km (261 miles) and a highway range of 209 km (130 miles).
The Experia uses a large 22.5 kWh maximum-rated battery (19.6 kWh usable) to reach such impressive ranges, and combines that battery with DC Fast Charging capability along with Levels 1 and 2 charging (home wall charging and EVSE-style public charging stations).

Rising star Energica doubles global electric motorcycles sales, up 5x in the US

OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Thanks for the advertising.
Whatever, ignoring the snark. This is awesome! Not only is market penetration occurring on EV bikes, but distance is going up with more affordable options. The Experia could be a fun sport touring bike to try which is among the closest equivalent to the NT segment (so far).

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
"In the US alone, Energica increased from 14 to 25 dealers."

Nice increase but still no real dealer network...the exact reason I won't buy any Italian bike. Go to their website click on Find a Dealer and check out the dealerships inventory and other brands. Same issues with Ducati, Moto Guzzi, and other Italian brands. For some reason they can't get a decent dealer network especially in the Southeast. :rolleyes: When one of the big brands, with a dealer network, comes out with a competitor it will be more interesting.

OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Nice increase but still no real dealer network...the exact reason I won't buy any Italian bike. Go to their website click on Find a Dealer and check out the dealerships inventory and other brands. Same issues with Ducati, Moto Guzzi, and other Italian brands. For some reason they can't get a decent dealer network especially in the Southeast. :rolleyes: When one of the big brands, with a dealer network, comes out with a competitor it will be more interesting.
I'm a little lucky being in a major metropolitan region around Washington DC, there's only one 10 miles from me that is an authorized Energica dealership here called Cyclemax. It looks like they're working through existing dealers.

FWIW, Dealer Map:

1662648126428.png

OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
I live in Southern Idaho.
As in California, Idaho Power asked us to minimize electric power use.
If I bought any electric vehicles, it would sit unused in the garage.
That's rough, sorry to hear that Dave. The whole midwest appears to be having more problems than ever between wildfires, electric supply problems and water shortages. No signs of it getting any better either. Stay safe over there.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Whatever, ignoring the snark. This is awesome! Not only is market penetration occurring on EV bikes, but distance is going up with more affordable options. The Experia could be a fun sport touring bike to try which is among the closest equivalent to the NT segment (so far).
I hardly think that a 130 mile highway range qualifies it as a sport touring bike. Nor do I consider a 130 mile range as "impressive" as the sales copy reads.

Mike

OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
I hardly think that a 130 mile highway range qualifies it as a sport touring bike. Nor do I consider a 130 mile range as "impressive" as the sales copy reads.
I'd generally agree, though recharge timeframes are about as long as a typical stop for lunch. No desire to go further and I can't go for long rides with my bad back, so it could potentially suit me for a weekend or short rider. Or as a commuter for those commuting distances within that range.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If it fits into one's riding style or limitations that's great. For me, it just wouldn't work. I only eat one lunch a day ;)

Mike

Bike
2010 silver NT700
I have a 650Hawk that gets about 130 miles on a tank. It is a PITA if you are traveling any distance in rural areas. I start looking for a gas station at 100 miles. And charging stations are few and far between. So electric is a no go for me.
Solar flares are warming up our whole solar system. It is a much larger problem than just CO2 IMO.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
If you sold only 1 unit last year and 5 units this year, you've improved sales "up by 5x." :)

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I have a 650Hawk that gets about 130 miles on a tank. It is a PITA if you are traveling any distance in rural areas. I start looking for a gas station at 100 miles. And charging stations are few and far between. So electric is a no go for me.
Solar flares are warming up our whole solar system. It is a much larger problem than just CO2 IMO.
Are you referring to the sun's CMEs? If that is the case, then...

Top Bottom