Saddlebag Pads Anyone?

Yes, I'm talking about a thin pad to put on the bottom half of the saddlebags to prevent scuffing and scratches during a parking lot tip-over. Kind of like and gas tank pad, but for the saddlebags.

Has anyone seen such an aftermarket accessory made for our saddlebags?

If not, has anyone come up with a design of their own that they either made or repurposed from another type of pad or such? (Maybe like a long 2" tall strip of something that sticks on just under the NT700V nameplate on the saddlebags and runs the whole length of the bag.)

With no saddlebag guards built in, I'm looking to add such protection if I can.

Last edited:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
There was a person on this forum who posted a tread about some adhesive automotive scuff guards he put on his panniers. It was fairly recently. I forrget who it was. There was a person on this forum who sprayer his lids with truck bed liner. It looked pretty decent.

OP
OP
WingMan71
There was a person on this forum who posted a tread about some adhesive automotive scuff guards he put on his panniers. It was fairly recently. I forrget who it was. There was a person on this forum who sprayer his lids with truck bed liner. It looked pretty decent.
I like the automotive scuff guard idea.

Want it too look not too obtrusive, but still protect the bag in a tip-over.

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I don't ride two-up. While staring at my newly-acquired NT the other night, I was thinking: hmmmmm.......frame sliders (actually box-protectors) to install in the place of the passenger pegs?? They would not be "foldable", and would need to mount in the peg "receiver" somehow. Any McGuivers out there??

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Unless the slider is attached to the frame you are likely to cause more damage in a crash. I don’t think the foot peg mount is strong enough. The large side cases are the ones most likely to be damaged in a drop. The auto bumper strips are probably the easiest and least costly method to protest from scratches in a mild drop. A severe drop will cause the case to shatter.

OP
OP
WingMan71
Ideally, you would want the length to be about 16-18" long.

I found these on Amazon that would not look too bad on the bike. MCZAUTO Car Front Rear Bumper Protector Corner Guard Rubber Strips

Also these, BokWin 2-Packs Black Anti-Collision Patch Bumper Guard Strip Anti-Scratch Bumper Protector

I used these during DIVA's build. LEIWOOR A Pair Universal Car Front Rear Bumper Lip Protector Guard

Just a couple of suggestions.
Those Little Monster ones are a bit freaky! But, I really like the MCZAUTO ones.

Thanks much for the tips.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
You might look through this thread:
Some auto body protective strips in use.

Brad

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
You might look through this thread:
Some auto body protective strips in use.

Brad
Those are the ones I have and I can confirm they work well in a “Stop and Drop” scenario.

Seagrass

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
They no longer have those on Amazon but I found the same ones on Ebay and they're called Richbrook Bumper & Body Protector.

The cost is around $54 for a pair, including free shipping from the UK. I put a set on Deb's bike after installing used but very nice lids from Coyote Chris. What I like best about these is that they appear to be factory trim and not aftermarket.

Has Chris resurfaced?

Last edited:
Top Bottom