Saddleman gel seat pad report.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I ordered a Saddleman gel - filled molded seat pad that straps on to the stock NT seat and thought a report might be helpful. I have a problem with my sitting area going to sleep when riding, and I would love to try one of their seats with the "man" channel built in to address the problem. But the cost right now is out of reach, if they make one for the NT.
I thought the pad was a bit pricey for what you get.
But the main problem was that the stap uses two hooks to under the seat bottom edge, and the NT plastic pan has too much give to make the straps stay hooked. And they may even damage the pan if pulled too tight.
The company suggests if the seat pan is too weak, to run the strap together from each side, and fasten together under the seat. I don't think this will work because of the way the NT plastic side panels fit up under the edge of the seat.
I do like the way the mounting strap has a piece of velcro that allows the pad to be removed out of the sun when parked, and easily put into place for riding.
The pad is not returnable, as they cited it was the same as underwear. I wasn't aware of too many riding their motorcycles bare butt, except that all-American brand hardcore rally types??
Luckily, I think it will work on my steel panned Vmax Corbin seat.
Just thought I'd let anyone know who was thinking of the Saddleman pad, that it may be a problem on the NT.

Top Bottom