Sargent Low Profile Seat?

Bike
2010 Maroon NT 700
I read a post about a Sargent low profile seat but when I go on their web site the only option is a premium foam upgrade. Is the low profile seat something custom and how much does it lower the seat? Also curious if the Russell or other seats are more comfortable.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I ordered mine from Motorcycle Larry, NPT Eng. Inc. Suite G Simi Valley, CA, 93063 Tel: 805 583-0373. I don't know if MCL is still in business. Larry was killed in a bicycle accident and his daughter took over the business. MCL had quite a few things available for the NT. The Sargent Lo Profile is a very well made seat that is also very attractive. I paid $479.00 for the seat.I hope you find this info helpful.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It does not appear that MCL carries the Sargent seats for the NT any longer. Sargent did make them for MCL and I would assume can still make the shorter version for you if you ask them. You will have to provide them your stock seat. I think the lowered seat gives you approx 1/2". I have the standard Sargent seat and it is very comfortable. The Russell seat might be better for extreme distance riding but I find the Sargent to be fine for 8 hours or so which is about as long as I care to ride. I also do not believe the Russell seat is available in a shorter version. I believe the Russell seats actually adds some height over the stock seat. One of our forum members (Chuck 500) has had both and can give you an objective review.

Last edited:
Bike
Silver NT700V
As I recall, the "Premium Foam Upgrade" from Sargent is the new seat. You send them your seat to re-work. Be aware of terminology. I mmessed one up badly by asking for the rise to be moved forward but not asking specifically for the seating area to be moved also. The result was unridable.

With Russell, generally they add about an inch to the stock seat height. However, as all Russell seats are custom, you can work with them to minimize this. I did and and my Russell rides at new or a little lower than stock height. I was also able to get the seating area moved forward to where I like it. At 5'6" and not wanting to lean forward much, I tend to be a bit of a "tank hugger".

Good luck and keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
As Chuck has stated, Russel will work with you and guarantee results! I am on my 5th Russell. Why? because I know I will get quality and comfort and adjustments under warranty if they are needed, to this date none has needed any adjustment. Have I tried others? Yes; A riches from Washington state is not bad A BMS built by Rocky Mayer was OK on my 2000 Kawasaki Concours, A don Webber from Albany Oregon on my HD ultra improved it from a one tank per day to a 3 tank per day , BUT NOT ALL DAY COMFORT. A RUSSELL IS ALL DAY COMFORT like 1500 mile in under 24 hours.comfort with no sore, aching butt!

The price difference is not signifigantly different from one to another. you can get a non fit to you Sargent if you so choose, but in my humble opinion you are spending almost the price of the Russell for something that may be a improvement, but after a day of long miles you will most likely ask yourself why you didn't get the best available rather than generic take a chance on it potluck.

I personally don't like spending money and being dissatisfied and then being stuck with something that is very hard to resell etc, but as I have already said the choice is yours.

Eldon

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
I didn't go through MCL for my Sargent seat, I contacted them directly and it was about $20.00 cheaper than MCL at the time.

Top Bottom