Saw my first nc700 - pretty nice bike!

The one I saw had the 3 different storage options all mounted. Wonder how power and vibration compare to my Nt. the one I saw had the regular clutch/tranny. Very stylish I thought - though I think I would miss the adjustable windscreen of the nt.

How smooth is this bike anyone who has ridden it?

Bike
choosing
Re: Sawmy first nc700 - pretty nice bike!

One thing I learned today is that the NC700 and the NT700 have different engines. I thought that they were the same.
I was told that the NT has a V Twin and the NC has an inline twin. Is this correct?

Joe

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
As I was leaving Greeley today on my way to my rendevouz with Dudley's 50,000th mile, a guy on a Suzuki chased me down, wanting to know if I was on the new Honda. I told him that I was on the NT700V, which had been new in the US in 2010, and he said, "I thought maybe it was the new NC -- I really think I want one!" I told him that they look pretty good and where there had been one a couple of weeks ago.

I also told him that I really liked the NT and that it worked great for my long long trips. He said he didn't do many long trips, and I told him that if he had an NT, he just might start!

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's

It's much smoother and more agile than the NT. You will feel a better gas response on speeds up to 60-70 mph than the NT. Above that the NT wins with more power at higher revs and better wind protection. The two bikes are actually not directly comparable. The NC is NOT a touring bike even if luggage racks and that is available. See it more as a commuter and a local fun bike that is not entirely lost when you hit the gravel roads. The driving characteristics between the two bikes are different. I won't say extremely different, but different. I got them both and love to ride them both, but they both got their separate agenda. The NC also got a 25% better fuel economy compared to the NT.

I couldn't have said it better. If the NT had the NC powerplant, I would like my NT even more. We may end up becoming a 2 NT and 2 NC family.

skiper

Supermek - thanks for this cool image.. reminds me of the end of a short break with road fevercalling me back.. excellent.. oh, and nice bike

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
NC = chains and no fairing

Both of which I consider essential.

If I want a bike with a chain there are many others I'd consider better.

FWIW, fuel economy is one of the last things I look at. I do consider the range of the bike with the installed fuel tank.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
FWIW, fuel economy is one of the last things I look at. I do consider the range of the bike with the installed fuel tank.
Well at around 35MPG, my in town / suburban mileage, I definitely agree with that sentiment. :rolleyes1: But with a 6 Gallon gas tank it will still go farther than I will... If I wanted MPG I'd buy a scooter, or a Zero, but I ride for the enjoyment, not fuel economy....

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I understand.

I compare my bikes to my other vehicles. My truck gets 18mpg on a good day so if the bike gets 40mpg I feel good. :)

Nice Pictures. My service question is what does it take to do the valves on the NC? Sure looks like the radiator will have to go somewhere.

Top Bottom