Schuberth C-3

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
A very brief preliminary report: I got my Schuberth from Revzilla after Greg Hall's recommendation. I ordered it last Monday and it arrived yesterday, about 12 hours before I got back to town.

It seems very well made and thought out (although I can't get the sun visor removed. I got one side loose, but it was one of those moves that I can't quite remember). I need to get it out to clean. Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

I only rode a few miles with it. It's amazingly quiet at speeds up to 60 (without the nearly omnipresent Colorado crosswind). I like the way it feels on my head. It's definitely lighter than my trusty old Nolan N-103. Definitely quieter, too. Not quite so easy on and off (which is why it's quieter). Great peripheral vision. I'm anxious to wear it on a trip. I'll be doing that Thursday morning as I go to Denver for our Annual Conference (this Annual Conference is an annual meeting of all the churches in the geographical region which is also called an Annual Conference... in this case the Rocky Mountain National Conference. I hope that's as clear as mud to any of you who care).

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Phil,
Have a nice, safe, trip. Glad the new helmet meets your expectations. I still have my "School Bus Yellow" N-103 and an older HJC Modular. I alternate helmets because I sweat a lot.

The panniers look great in Chrysler Metallic Black. I will get a picture to you as soon as I figure out how to use my late father in law's digital camera. He died peacefully last Tuesday after a long battle with cancer.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I remember that you said that he had finally died. I'm glad it was peaceful -- for him and for you and your wife.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Do rags! And us Methodists get the difference between and Annual Conference and and Annual Conference.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Spouse has C3, he loves it. I'm still saving up for mine, but I keep finding other uses for the $$ (new kitchen sink and faucet, new storm door, Honda gas powered weed whacker, 2 trips to SoCal to see kids and new grandkid, etc, etc)

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
(new kitchen sink and faucet, new storm door, Honda gas powered weed whacker, 2 trips to SoCal to see kids and new grandkid, etc, etc)

Dee, if you hadn't thrown in the trips to SoCal to see kids and new grandkids, we would have had to tell you that your priorities needed a serious re-ordering!

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
LOL, Phil. But you hadn't seen my old kitchen sink. And the jungle of weeds (the lower driveway weeds are now neck high). Storm door? yeah, probably could have done with out it, but.....

Good news is, I'm working 50 hours OT in July. that ought to cover cost of the helmet. And a new pair of Aerostich Combat Lites, and the parts for the top overhaul on the R45.

Glad to hear you like the C3. I just retired an original Concept this spring for a N-103.

I probably would have sprang for a C3, but there was an uncomfortable pressure spot high on my forehead. It was felt on at least 3 specimens.

Don

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Don, vc_slim on the forum (otherwise known as Greg Hall) had the same problem with his C-3 and did something to eliminate that hot spot. You might PM him and ask him what he did.

I don't have that problem. I'v ridden two 90-mile trips with mine now and it was very comfortable and significantly quieter than the Nolan N-103.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
The only helmet that ever fit me perfect out of the box is my Shoei (RF-1000). My old Bell M1 was modified a bit as I have done with my HJC IC33.

Just take some tools and carve a little on the expanded foam wherever the hotspot is. I found that about 1/16"-1/8" will take care of any issue except the really bad fits (like me and a Nolan :( ).

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Since Schuberth has upgraded the C3 to the C3 Pro many of the on line companies have the C3's on clearence for $499

Top Bottom