Shoei J-Cruise

Bike
Bonneville T120
I know most of us are full-face helmet riders. However, has anyone tried the Shoei J-Cruise?
It looks promising for a 3/4 helmet.

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
Warren,
Thanks, my wife likes to have the option of choosing an open face helmet on warm days. We won't have to worry about that for a while here in Maine. This one looks like it's pretty solid. Her full face helmet is a Shoei so she has the right head shape for the make. She had a GMax but the external shield broke off, I assume because of strain weakening from being in the wind.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Dan, she might take a look at the Shark. They're a modular that lets the chinbar go behind the helmet.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Both Shark and LS2 make helmets with the chin guard goes all the way behind head. LS2 makes a modular the is Snell approved so I think the new FF393 they are coming out with could be a very good helmet for hot days. I have a Shark Evoline I really like and it been my helmet for the last 5 years, so I might look into the LS2 soon for my next helmet.

tawilke46

Dan,
I bought a J-Cruise the end of last August to replace my aging Shoei Platinum Air 3/4 helmet.
The J-Cruise helmet is comfortable and quiet for a 3/4. The optics on the shield and sun shield are very good. When using just the clear face shield you have no sense that anything is in front of your eyes. This shield also covers your face to below your chin. I did not notice any adverse buffeting around the bottom.
The sides come farther around your cheek bone for more protection, which I like.
Ventilation is very good in warm weather.
I have a slight oval head shape and the helmet fits fine.......medium for me hat size 7-1/8.
A really good summer helmet.

Top Bottom