Shoei modular clearance

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Thanks for the post. I'm looking for a helmet for next summer. But I'm going to go to the International Bike Show in Minneapolis in two weeks and try on a bunch of them. Fit is one of the most important things to me. The Multitech was one of the ones on my list as well as a few others. Arai have always fit me best, but I like the reports on the Nolan N104. I'm interested in the new premium line of HJC (I think they are called RPHA). I want to know if they got the latch mechanism corrected from the Syntec line, or if it is the same latch. I hope to get a modular this time for the convenience. My Shoei RF 1000 is dated and has a certain odor to it on the inside.

Anyone try an RPHA yet?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a Schuberth, but have been very impressed with the Multitech. I might need a backup/alernate helmet.

I have the Multitec and love it but it doesn't have the built in sun visor that my VCAN has. I would love to get the new Shoei but at $600 its too steep for me.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It's only $309 in the metallic colors at motorcyclegear.com right now.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
As pointed out it does not appear to have the drop down sun visor or a pin lock shield. I find both of these features to be important to me but otherwise its a good deal on a good helmet.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
yes, that was the topic of the thread!!
Right, I knew that. Cnille had said in the post just above mine that he'd love to get the new Shoei, but "at $600 it's too steep for me" so I figured he didn't realize that it was on sale.

Can't help it...I'm a "fixer" by nature. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
As pointed out it does not appear to have the drop down sun visor or a pin lock shield. I find both of these features to be important to me but otherwise its a good deal on a good helmet.
Warren, I can't imagine that motorcyclegear.com got specially made Neotecs that didn't have features that are standard on the Neotec. If you go to Shoei's website, the Pinlock and the sun visor appear to be part of the deal.

I ordered one of them -- if it doesn't have the sun visor and pinlock, they'll be getting it back.

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
oh! i figured he meant "new" as in whichever ones were replacing these that are on clearance. i think i get it now...

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The new Shoei modular, the Neotec that my wife wears, with the internal sun visor and standard pin lock shield isn't on sale. It is going for around $550-$600 in a solid color....even on eBay.

I was told by a Shoei rep that they would be continuing the Multitec as an "entry level" modular and the Neotec their more upscale offering, I guess that isn't the case...

EDIT: For anyone comparing the Multitec and the Neotec there are a couple of things besides features to compare. In the Sharp Tests (UK DOT equivalent) the Neotec scored better, Four Stars versus Three Stars, than the Multitec. The Neotec's Side Impact scores are up as is the percent of time the chin bar stayed latched. I wish the US DOT would require chin bar retention tests in their modular helmet testing....

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Duuuuuh.... I guess maybe the cold is still affecting me. Reading comprehension was not high on my list of working skills yesterday. And, naturally, the Multitec that I ordered has already shipped. Motorcyclegear.com gave me an RMA and won't penalize me for not keeping it. I feels stooopid.

At least it's a familiar feeling.

Top Bottom