Shorter bars, anyone?

Bike
2010 Honda NT 700V.
I guess I'm not the norm (call me anything, just don't call me normal, please) but I prefer shorter bars. When I bought my 2010 NT, it had bar risers with the oem handlebars. I immediately took the risers off.

The shorter arrangement was better, but I'm finding that I would like them even shorter. I like a crouch, for a number of reasons. On www.cycle-ergo.com they list the stock/standard NT rider-to-bar position at 10 degrees. I would like something in the 16-20 degree range.

One concern I have is that a shorter bar- without the proper bend- will collide with the tank/fairing area.

Has anybody done the mod I'm considering?

Tonydtiger1971

It sounds interesting. I would like to know the outcome also.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Hmmm...I personally wouldn't want to increase the lean on the NT. For me, the foot pegs are too far forward to be comfortable leaning forward and the windscreen, even in it's lowest position, takes too much of the wind pressure off of my body so I would lose the "balancing effect" from the wind pushing on my upper body. My Sprint puts me at about an 18 degree lean which is comfortable at speed (with a double-bubble windscreen and a VERY different seat/peg/bar config from the NT) but a LOT more work when riding in town. YMMV.

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I guess your height has sometime to do with the lean. For me with stock bars and no risers I have a 14° lean and with the 1" up and 1" back risers its down to 9° which I find comfortable .

Top Bottom