Side bag crash guard?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
That is the one item we all have ben looking for , to this point I don't believe anyone has been successful on this item. I am sure if someone ever creates them they will be swamped with orders.

skiper

I wouldn't call em crash bars - but never-the-less , by leaving the passenger pegs down at all times, it has saved my saddlebags from getting any scratche on two slow motion tipovers. They act like a bumper and fold and ***** low and behold - no scratches. One time it was in blacktop parking lot. They work like that..

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I use a set of Bumper Protectors in case of a tip over. They won't protect a moving "off", unless at very low speed, and they look OK on the bike.

I'm sure you can find the same thing in an automotive parts shop in the US.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
The more I look I don't see anyway Honda ever thought about guards. I guess the bumpers guards would be about the only way to protect at least from a parking lot fall. Honda was so close to making a excellent middle weight touring bike. Yep the the NT is very very close, it one of the finest motorcycles I've ridden.
My first experience with riding was at age 15 pushing a old Harley to a go for a ride. This had the shift on the tank, and foot clutch. I should of died, but made the trip down a curvy road and back home. I felt addicted to 2 wheels ever since.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
If you buy those bumper guards off Ebay you will need a roll of 3M Trim Tape to install them properly. The tape that came on them was totally useless and they would come off in any sort of impact if you relied on it.

If Bob ever tries to remove the guards I installed I suspect I'll be called all sorts of inappropriate names due to all the 3M tape I added. Too much was almost enough...:wink:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Most or all of the steel tubing crash guards for other bikes have at least two solid attachment points where 8 mm bolts can be fitted. The NT has a front attachment point but finding one in the rear is fruitless.

On another matter, I was in Eastern Europe earlier this month and saw lots of Trans-Alps and Africa Twins but only two NTs, one silver and one maroon.
Also saw one Crosstour and it looked much better in person than in photos. The T-As were the new generation which uses the NT engine but with chain drive.

Top Bottom