Sidi On-Road Gore-tex Adventure touring boots

no1gtkid

I am currently testing a pair of these boots out. They feel great in colder weather much better than my SMX5 A*
I realized needed different boot and sock combo after a ride in the 20s up in the snow this past winter my feet were frozen even with a wind stopper sock and so were my hands. Still looking for my new set of heated gloves.

I will be testing them on my longer ride in April on the My2Wheels Goldpoint ralley in April Trekking around Death Valley and then in May from Vegas to the Dakotas. I will be taking the long way going South from Vegas then heading back up North hitting many different places along the way. I will be coming back to Vegas from the North. I will post more in another place with details. After the trip I will post a full report for now Just simple commuting to test out.

So far impression:
Look good
Feel good wore them all day at work
not bulky but do give little more height
I like the height of the shin protection but would like if a littel taller
easy to walk in
gives about a half inch in height
look great on or off the bike
Keeps feet warm with out getting to hot (Will test in the summer at hot part of year hear in Vegas.)
Cost - a bit expensive
Works under or on outside of the pants. I prefer on outside pants

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
They look like a real good boot. Where did you get yours?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I have about 135 ,000 miles on a pair I bought in 2006, I had to resole thelast January them with a inch added to stretch my inseam for the NT with a Russle seat job. They have been great in rain etc although this winter they have let in a bit of dampness, but still lots of mles left in them. for less than $ 50.00 PER year they are a very good buy, Just my 2 cents worth of thought.

Eldon

slider

I don't think you can resole the new ones. Maybe a pro could but not the mfg.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Yes, it looks like the sole is molded on. Results is a less expensive manufacturing process. But they generally cannot be resoled.

Bike
John,
If you enlarge the picture from the current sidi site and look closley you will see they are sewn on, , I don't know about SIDI doing a resole, but My local boot shop can do them, ai am sure that therer must be a good cobbler somewhere in your part of TX with the same capibility and expertise. I would recomend that you find a shop that has a a grizzled elderly statesman working in it , and I will bet he can do them. I am ot into posting pictures on this site , but I just took pictures that may go into my email if I did things corretly, If they show up in my mail to me I will forward them to Phil and he can post them if he chooses to do so.
Eldon

slider

They're sewn on in the European version. Molded on over here.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Here are pictures of Eldon's boots. They look sewn to me:

Eldon's Sidi bootsole.jpg Eldon's Sidi bootsole # 3.jpg Eldon's Sidi bootsole # 2.jpg

Bike
If that is the would guess that will be the end of SIDI sales here in US. Who that rides any serious milage is foing to pay $350.00 for a pair of boots that can't be rebuilt? I most certainly will not. There are other ways to go for eqauly good boots to put up with stupid nonsense of not building them in the manner that they can have new soles put on them; that is a major selling point and the reason I bought SIDI.Thier advertisement at that time was that this was probably the last boot you would ever have to buy

. I wish I had kept the bike magazine that had the artical in it with the glowing report of service etc and the rebuildable feature . It was what encouraged me to purchase mineI get too many MC magazines to even make a good gues about which one it wa, but I speculate it was Motorcycle consumer reports, or Rider.

I guess If I decide I want another pair of quality boots I will go to WESCO boot in St Helens Or, or White boots in Spokane Wa and have them custom built for my feet. A little more money BUT they are rebuildable and you can return them to the builder, or have your local cobbler do them. That puts them in the realm of a Russell Day-Long Saddle, or a tailor made Langlitz Leather riding suit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom