SIDI Way Mega Rain Boots

Bike
Bonneville T120
Any comments? I'm interested as these run quite wide, which I need.

Some review say they are water tight, others say not so much? Is anyone here familiar with them?

Thanks!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I have wide feet (EE) so getting motorcycle boots that fit is a real problem. I went to Iron Pony (in Columbus OH) one day and tried several dozen boots. The only one wide enough was Alpine Stars. Everything else, including Sidi, was too narrow. I was just there a few weeks ago and glanced at all the boots and Sidis still look narrow to me.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
My first and only boot for just over three years. The soles are just starting to show a good bit of wear. Never had the feet get wet. Sidi makes great products (I wear their cycling shoes too).

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I am not familier with SIDI Mega Rain Boots, BUT I have a pair of SIDI ON ROADS. They have over 100,000 miles to wear out the factory soles, I had them resoled with 1 inch additional sole added to them. THey are still pretty much waterproof, I have started applying a high quality leather dressing to them now as a attempt to help them continue to do a satisfactory job. Expensive ? yeah somewhat at initial purchase, but I got what I paid for, well built waterproof, with very good protection. The Boots Aerostich sells are built by SIDI , called Combat ETC . They are quite similar to the ON ROADS, which I think may have been discontinued/

Eldon

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I ride with TCX X-Five Plus Gore-Tex boots. Run around $240. I have been wearing them for about two years in all weather conditons for commuting. They have not leaked yet. I think Phil also wears these.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've been very happy with my TCX X-5 boots. They've kept my feet dry, warm, comfortable (riding or walking), and I've never been too hot in them, either. I wore my first pair for over 100,000 miles and this pair's got about 75,000 miles on them. I get mine at motorcyclegear.com

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Dan, I don't really know. I kind of doubt if they do. Email Motorcyclegear.com and ask 'em. They've got good product knowledge and are very helpful. They've got a wide range of boots by several manufacturers and could probably make a recommendation of the TCX's won't work.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[Which Alpine Star boots did you have success with?]

I just looked at the Iron Pony website and they only have closeouts of several Alpine Star boots. Does that mean Alpine Stars is getting out of the boot business which won't be a surprise since their lineup of casual (non-riding) apparel is growing. The boots I had were comfy and not too tall, probably 6" height, with retail price of around $120. Although they were advertised as "waterproof" that ability went away after the first year and no amount of leather treatments would renew that property.

I'm trying Wolverine work boots this year. They're advertised as waterproof plus I can get my exact size so the fit is not a compromise. This makes walking comfy. They lack the toe guard of true motorcycle boots and also the ankle pads but I can live with those shortcomings. A good friend has always worn Wolverine boots for riding and told me the leather will need to be treated after a year but that's not a big deal.

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the Motorcycle Gear (formerly "NewEnough") website for boots. The First Gear Kili Lo WP Boot looked good to me and in the description they said..."Sidi and Tourmaster are more narrow...other brands that run wider are TCX and Alpine Star..."

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Do the TCX X-5 boots run wide?

This is a quote from the Competition Accessories web page.

"All TCX Boots are manufactured in European sizes, so make sure to visit the size chart below to see the US conversions. Based on customer feedback we have found them to run typically pretty true to size. However, they typically will fit people with a wider foot better. If you have a narrower foot you might want to consider Alpinestars."

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
The Revzilla website says that the Sidi Way Mega Rain Boots specifically run EE width, not necessarily their other boots. Most reviews agree with that.

elizilla

What I don't understand is why Sidi makes two different waterproof sport boots only in wide sizes, but if you want a regular width rain boot they only offer you their low end stuff and their adventure stuff?

I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo Airs that are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. There's a Vertigo rain boot but it's also a "Mega" version. I'm tempted to order it anyway and fill up the extra volume with insoles.

Top Bottom