Small Chineese Made Campstove

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
In one of the threads, a small stove in an orange plastic case was mentioned. I can't find the thread. My question is--what sort of gas cannister does it use?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't know. I've got one and haven't used it. I'll take it out to Ace Hardware sometime and check. I think I've seen it used with a tall narrow bottle and with a low and wide one. Screws on, I think.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I don't know. I've got one and haven't used it. I'll take it out to Ace Hardware sometime and check. I think I've seen it used with a tall narrow bottle and with a low and wide one. Screws on, I think.
Phil,
I plan on taking the stove to a camping supply place like Mainesport and see if they have a cartrige for it. I would suspect that it is Butane. Seems like quite the unit for $7.95. It was sent directly from China in a small padded envelope.

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Phil,
I plan on taking the stove to a camping supply place like Mainesport and see if they have a cartrige for it. I would suspect that it is Butane. Seems like quite the unit for $7.95. It was sent directly from China in a small padded envelope.
I bought one of these. It uses a blended propane/butane mix. They sell them at Wal-Mart, Ace, or anyplace that has camping gear. The small 250ml fuel tank actually acts as the stand for the stove.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Mellow, the one you asked Alex about looks like the ones that were given out as "door" prizes at Spearfish last year. I got one of those and need to get around to using/trying it.

What do you use yours for? And what do you cook/heat water in?

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
What do you use yours for? And what do you cook/heat water in?
Well, I haven't cooked anything in a campground in a long time.. mostly, I've used it to boil water for coffee or hot chocolate but even that is more effort that it's worth in my opinion to justify packing stove/gas canisters/cookware so I typically leave it at home and eat out...

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Ahh... Eating out. Now THAT'S camping with style! (My old boss used to say his idea of roughing it was when room service closed at 9pm.)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Well, I like the 'being outdoors' part of camping... making meals and cleaning up is a bit much for me.. and we're on bikes so not typically too far from someplace where a meal can be had.. worse case scenario, I'll take a couple granola bars by the fire and be fine 'til mealtime the following day.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Top Bottom