Someone missing a big ol' wood screw?

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I went to put my NT in the shed before a rain last evening, and noticed the rear tire, a new Michelin with less than 600 miles, looks rather low.
Checked the pressure at 7.5 lb.
Put her up on center stand, got down on my ample belly so I could see as I spun the tire and found a small wire that wasn't all the through yet, and then a large 2 1/2" wood screw down in one of the grooves.
I pulled it, reamed the hole out and plugged with those soft, sticky stringy things that I have always had good luck using on cager tires.
I am now crossing my fingers that it will hold since it is down in the groove.
I know many will say "Don't trust it", but I think I will try it for a while, until I have another excuse to take the tire off and have it patched from the inside.
I have had these work ok on another motorcycle two different times for many miles, and many times on car/trucks when I was a sub-mail carrier with 92 miles of mostly gravel roads. I think nails and screws and pieces of baling wire were used on these roads as pothole filler.
This was just a wonderful end to my 2 week vacation. Then I came in the house and my 15 year old television just up and died. It is probably not worth having repaired, if I could find anyone to work on it...a full bodied, 93 lb. , 27 incher. A couple of years ago, a kid my wife was watching after school for a neighbor, wanted to know if our 2 old televisions were some kind of "special", because he had never seen such "fat" ones. Our main one is at least 25 years old...I wonder if anyone has a sales on pairs?
If it was going to go hooves up, it could have done it at the beginning of my vacation, so I could have been watching it.
I asked my Son, the insurance adjuster, if he thought I could claim lightning had hit both of them...he said, "Sure, but you have $500.00 deductible after depreciation is figured......do you have the original receipts?" (He also knew both were inherited from my wife's and my parents' estates years ago...no wonder he is good at his job!)
BACK TO WORK TOMORROW! Wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the customers, the co-workers, and the bosses. Happay, Happay, Happay!

I've got a "fat" 32 inch TV set you can have. Picture is great. It has been replaced by a flat screen.
All you have to do is come up to NE Iowa and get it.

I've got a "fat" 32 inch TV set you can have. Picture is great. It has been replaced by a flat screen.
All you have to do is come up to NE Iowa and get it.

And visit a chiropractor after lifting it :ambulance:

I've got a 25-incher/boat anchor meself I need to dispose of.

Gave my last CRT to Goodwill, a 27" Sony. Probably the best picture ever. Somebody got a really good TV, I got a sore back picking it up to take.

I asked the same question about out-of-date helmets and somebody told me to whack 'em with a BFH (which I took to mean a "Big Freakin' Hammer"). I think one would work on your TVs too. :)

Put your helmet and goggles on before taking that BFH to your picture tube. There is a vacuum in there, so bits of glass are go to be sucked in and then bounce back out the front as if they are coming from a scatter gun.
There is also a BIG capacitor in tube type sets. It stores anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 volts. You don't want that zapping through your pacemaker.
I think those old sets weigh so much because they carry a lot of danger in them. (Or not!!!)

Back
Top Bottom