Southeast Ohio Fun

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I got to lead a small group of NT owners, who have ridden together in the past, over some great SE Ohio roads this past weekend. Also enjoyed some great good at locations I've stopped at before. It was great to see our friends and meet a new one. We had met in May with a bit larger group and had so much fun we decided to try it again in September. Several could not attend for unforeseen circumstances, however our group of 6 (including 5 NT's) had a great time. So sorry the others could not attend. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to hold the regular NT Gathering next May. I hope everyone is getting in some ride time and just wanted to share a few photos of our 4 day weekend. Ride safe everyone.

IMG_1474.jpgIMG_7039.JPGIMG_7056.JPGIMG_7142.JPGIMG_7143.JPG20210917_112057.jpgIMG_7069.JPGIMG_7147.JPG
20210918_092511.jpg20210918_092317.jpg

Attachments

Bike
1997 Yamaha Seca II
Looks like you had a good time and the roads look like they'd be fun to ride too. When I was in the US Navy (1986-95), one of the ships I were stationed on was home-ported in Norfolk, VA. One of the guys that I worked with was from Parkersburg, WV. So we made trips back to his hometown occasionally. Good times, and those roads were sure hilly and curvy.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
We all had a great time and many thanks to Duane (WVRider) for creating some truly fun routes. Those who stayed home missed some great riding. :)

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I'll get back riding for SURE next year with Ya'll..........got myself into a pavilion project, that's almost complete now. Drove past Caldwell to Sugarcreek, OH to pick it up.
that basket looks like its in Amish country,

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The Longenbarger basket building is just east of Zanesville and although there are pockets of "Old Order" people around there, it's only a small number. The main grouping for Old Order people is in Holmes County about a hour+ to the north. In the 90s it was reported that Holmes county had more Amish than Lancaster PA which is famous of its large groups of Amish.

And to me, "Amish" is a generic term because there are a lot of different sects of Old Order people.

Last edited:
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I got to lead a small group of NT owners, who have ridden together in the past, over some great SE Ohio roads this past weekend. Also enjoyed some great good at locations I've stopped at before. It was great to see our friends and meet a new one. We had met in May with a bit larger group and had so much fun we decided to try it again in September. Several could not attend for unforeseen circumstances, however our group of 6 (including 5 NT's) had a great time. So sorry the others could not attend. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to hold the regular NT Gathering next May. I hope everyone is getting in some ride time and just wanted to share a few photos of our 4 day weekend. Ride safe everyone.

Here's a pic of our Lunch stop meet! Thank's Duane for your time putting into this event. Great to meet everyone, it was a hoot! Hope we can do it in May!?!

Attachments

Top Bottom