Spotted a Red NT

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
While on a trip the end of last month with my son, we passed a red NT while going up Mt. Mitchell off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Haven't seen one for quite some time in all my travels. Don't think he noticed the bike. To my surprise, the next day my son and I pulled into Deals Gap store at Tail Of The Dragon and behold, a red NT was parked just across from where I parked. Met the owner, ended up being cliffh, nice guy out of Northern Ohio, and he said he was likely the one we saw on Mt. Mitchell cause he had been there. Didn't realize how ragged out my poor ole 2010 looked till I saw that pristine one. In my defense, I'm looking at 91K on mine. You meet some of the nicest folks on an NT 😁 actually, on two wheels.

Attachments

Last edited:
While on a trip the end of last month with my son, we passed a red NT while going up Mt. Mitchell off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Haven't seen one for quite some time in all my travels. Don't think he noticed the bike. To my surprise, the next day my son and I pulled into Deals Gap store at Tail Of The Dragon and behold, a red NT was parked just across from where I parked. Met the owner, ended up being cliffh, nice guy out of Northern Ohio, and he said he was likely the one we saw on Mt. Mitchell cause he had been there. Didn't realize how ragged out my poor ole 2010 looked till I saw that pristine one. In my defense, I'm looking at 91K on mine. You meet some of the nicest folks on an NT 😁 actually, on two wheels.
Hi there WVRider. My bike looks so clean there:) I purchased this bike 2 years ago after giving my 1993 GoldWing to my son. I had put over 114,000 miles on the bike, and while it was still like new, I am not. At 74 I just realized that I needed something a little lighter and smaller. This NT700 is perfect for me. I've driven the BlueRidge Parkway end to end each year for 30 years now. It is my favorite ride and I look forward to it each year, often accompanied by my son on his bike.

Great to meet you and your son at Deals Gap!

Cliff

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
:thumb::thumb:
Hi there WVRider. My bike looks so clean there:) I purchased this bike 2 years ago after giving my 1993 GoldWing to my son. I had put over 114,000 miles on the bike, and while it was still like new, I am not. At 74 I just realized that I needed something a little lighter and smaller. This NT700 is perfect for me. I've driven the BlueRidge Parkway end to end each year for 30 years now. It is my favorite ride and I look forward to it each year, often accompanied by my son on his bike.

Great to meet you and your son at Deals Gap!

Cliff
Was great to meet you also Cliff. My son and I have been making that trip an annual thing also. I used to do about 3 trip a year down that way since 2011 when I pickup up my NT. We would hub at different point along the Parkway and ride every twisty road we could find. I'm not too far south of you close to Marietta, Ohio and love being this close to WV and SE Ohio roads. I have noted many times, after all the motorcycles I've owned since back in 1976, the NT is the best all round motorcycle I've ever owned. Hope to catch you again sometime. Until then, Enjoy the ride.

Duane

Top Bottom