ST owners please

Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
So I'm planning a trip in a couple weeks to Portland, OR to see my first nephew who should be born any day now, and I've been getting the NT situated for the trip (1300mi). One of the latest purchases was the Airhawk 2, which is pretty awesome. Awesome in removing any vibes from the rear, but not as ventilated as I'm use to with the beaded seat cover. I found out that many riders put sheepskin on top of the Airhawk to deal with the non-ventilation.

So here's the question, Alaska leather has a custom sized seat cover for the ST, not NT. I'm thinking it may fit okay with the right adjustments and was wondering if any of the ST owners could chime in? From what I know already, I believe the ST (rider, not pillion) seat is shorter (tank to pillion), and deeper (downward) at the tank. Other than that, can any of you all think of any other reason I couldn't fit the NT decently?

Thanks

bicyclist

Years ago, before all the seat pad companies sprang up, it was fairly common to go out and buy a sheepskin to throw over the seat. My wife and I both did that and it worked out very well. As a matter of fact, I cut a piece from one of the old sheepskins and use it on my NT. It's held in place with a couple of lengths of thin elastic cord that I'v threaded through holes punched in the skin. IKEA sells a sheepskin rug for $30. Search Amazon and you'll find pelts for $60. A little research might find a pelt in a local leather shop, so you can feel it first hand. If you buy a pelt and DIY, you'll save money and have enough sheepskin for several seats.

Top Bottom