Stach box under the license plate

Bike
2010 RED NT700V #1188
I have been wanting to do this for a while, install a stash box under the license plate.

Ordered mine through Twisted Throttle for about $20 buck, but I am sure that you could use any "tuff" box.

First thing is to remove the license plate. No need to remove any of the plastic only the license plate. See pict "The Hole".

This pict is looking up from the ground right behind the rear tire. In the top left of the picture is the slot where the license plate screws/nuts go. In the center frame of the picture is the hole where I dropped one of the license plate nuts. This cavity had the ability to completely swallow up the nut. So if you are looking for that missing sock or bowling ball, check here first. Seriously, it took a specialized magnetic springie tool to finally reach in and get the nut out, so please do your best to not drop anything in there.

Once the license plate is removed. the instructions had me drill a 1/4" hole in the back of the box, these would be used to mount the box on the bike. I decided to re-use the original screws and nuts as they were in great condition and would work perfectly.

I then mounted the plate on the door of the box with the provided four screws.

Took the box back to the bike and mounted.

In all took about 20 minutes (that included the time it took to fish out the lost nut).

Hope this helps,

Michael

Attachments

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I bought one of those but have not installed it. Never figured out what I wanted to put in it.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I have one of those on my Rebel. Holds registration and insurance info and a couple other goodies. convenient when there is no place on the bike to hold stuff. I thought about putting one on the NT, wouldn't be a bad idea to put a spare set of 'papers' in there. :)

Top Bottom