Suggestion for Handle bar risers

Avi

Hello - I have a 2011 NT 700 V ABS. I am 6'2 tall and would like an upright position. Do you recommend any good risers that will make a great difference in obtaining a comfortable ride? I am avoiding getting extra set of replacement cables and want to keep my stock cables. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

lynnbpa

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I'm using the kemimotos from Amazon, too. Works fine with stock cables. Front brake hose seemed a little iffy; removing hose from clamp allowed sufficient freedom.

Reactions: Avi
OP
OP
Avi

Avi

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Hi, does anyone know what is the max height of Handle Bar Riser that can be used with stockcables? I have 1 inch risers and I feel tha tI may need may be 2 inch risers to better suit my riding posture.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
At minimum you will need a longer clutch cable. The stock cable for the Honda Transalp is two inches longer than the stock NT cable so it should work. As far as the other cables I am not sure as I only have a 1" riser.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
If you raise the bars more than an inch you will need to also lengthen the brake hose. The best option is to get a longer hose and replace the whole piece from the master cylinder to the first connection BUT you can also get a short extender to extend the current brake hose.

Seagrass

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Thanks everyone, any idea of costs? I am not mechanically inclined ....

There is no way to elegantly lengthen the upper brake hose on an ABS bike--they have a special junction block on the lower end for the hardline plumbing, so you can't just replace it. You could add another hose to it by using a double banjo bolt and a capped nut, like an acorn, but it may be hard to find a second hose short enough without an annoying loop, because you only need a couple of inches.

Top Bottom