Super Tenere review with ST1300 comparison - initial impressions

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just so I keep all the info in one place, I'll post the link to the review I did at ST-Owners.com but I'll answer any questions I can on both sites.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?105725

I know... the ST1300 isn't a dual purpose bike so why compare it to the Super Tenere?

Well, I'll use it more for touring and just a little dirt so my comparison is more on what both have in common if that makes any sense.

elizilla

Thanks! The Super Ten just sounds better and better all the time. :)

elizilla

I'm pretty much committed, assuming my dealer comes through. If she doesn't come through, I am going to call it fate and put it off until next season. I talked to her this morning and she said she "wants to earn my business" and she would email or call me back this afternoon. They close in ten minutes, and still no word. Looks like I'll have to take a deep breath and wait for tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Good luck, it appears the 1st characteristic of any Super Tenere owner is patience.. LOL

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Thanks for the review, Mellow! It sounds good ... if I didn't have little tiny short stubby legs with defective knees, I'd be interested.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I like the concept and the features but I would need a step ladder to get on it. The NT seat height is about all I can handle.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I like the concept and the features but I would need a step ladder to get on it. The NT seat height is about all I can handle.
The NT and ST seats are very close.

I'm 5'8" with a 28-29" inseam. I feel it's less effort to get on, balance, handle at slow speeds than the ST. I'm still used to my ST so I feel it's more nimble which makes no sense on paper but I'm still getting used to the Tenere. My biggest fear was it would be too tall but it's not bad and the ST has a wider seat so it's about a break even category with the Tenere feeling better.

Top Bottom