SW-Motech 50 mm risers

shatahl

Just got my 50 mm risers from twisted throttle and need some advice from anyone who's used these. I have either the 20 or 25 mm and didn't need to replace any cables. My question is if the 50 will require this. They are a straight up riser with no pull back just like the 20 or 25. I've read many of the posts but not on this particular part. Also read all the posts on if risers are a good or bad idea. Personal preference as I love my 20's just want that little extra pull back for an old back :wink:

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I am pretty sure you will have to replace the clutch cable with the 50mm riser. Not sure about the brake cable but I think that is going to be a problem as well.

Bike
Silver NT700VA
You say the 25's work well for you . . . how have they worked out? You don't mention how tall, etc you are, I'm 6'1" with 34" sleeves (dress shirt size). Do you think They'd work for me.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...I am pretty sure you will have to replace the clutch cable with the 50mm riser...]

The clutch cable for a '89 TransAlp is roughly 2" longer so it's an inexpensive replacement. A longer brake hose won't be as easy or inexpensive and the throttle cables are in the same category.

Top Bottom