Sw motech adapter plate

Plate was on bike when bought. I like the way a passenger backrest looks but I also see a possible need for maybe a top case. I dont have experience adding bike accessories so it is really confusing on what might fit or not fit on this plate. Any help is appreciated .
Greg
20240205_173205.jpg

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It appears that the SW-Motech plate is only secured to the plastic tailpiece so although OK for strapping down soft luggage, it wouldn't be safe for attaching a top box.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Somebody used a universal plate it looks like. I used the NT700 specific plate with the included hardware. It was mounted to the Honda hard points, so it would support a hard trunk. See Here.

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The rear frame on the NT has two "hard points" (threaded inserts) already and two more that can be added. None of those seem to correspond with the 3 holes in that Givi top case adapter.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The rear frame on the NT has two "hard points" (threaded inserts) already and two more that can be added. None of those seem to correspond with the 3 holes in that Givi top case adapter.
The Alu Rack adapter is designed to bolt to the Alu Rack thus allowing the Givi top case to attach to the adapter. The Alu Rack is a universal item AFAIK and it is up to the owner how to attach to the bike.

Mike

Top Bottom