Tank bag options for the NT?

basketcase

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Back 5 or 6 years ago I had a SW Motech tank bag on a VStrom that I really liked. I would prefer something with a locking ring type of mount.

Looking at the SW Motech website, I can't figure out what is going on with the company or their product line. And the site won't let me browse the selection menus.

Givi still produces a ring-mounted bag called the XS307.

Otherwise I'm not seeing much in terms of tank bag options for the NT. I'd be curious to know what other riders are using. If you have a tank bag recommendation I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
I use Cortech Super 2.0 18-Liter Magnetic Tank Bag (Item: P217152, SKU: 839430) for last 3+ years on my NT and GS.

It is a good bag with Magnetic Mounting so easy to put on / take off. Expandable space. Has not scratched the tank and has never fallen off (even off road on the GS).

Converts into a backpack (hidden shoulder strips).

Easy to gas up also, just flip the bag over on the console ...

It has several version: small (5L/10L), Medium (12L non expandable), large (12L/18L)

I bought mine used on ebay for $60ish.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've been happy with my SW-Mototech City Bag with the lock ring. But I can't get it to come up in their website because they no longer show the NT.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Phil, if memory serves (no longer a certainty!) the NT700 shares a tank locking ring with the ST1300 (Pan European in Eurospeak) which still shows up on the SW Motech site. I ran into this when I first got Traveller twelve years ago and after much searching found that the mechanisms were identical. The replacement part number for the fuel cap assy is 17620-MAS-E04 which is used in numerous Honda models.

Mike

OP
OP
basketcase

basketcase

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Thank you all for the feedback. @Phil Tarman and @mikesim the SW Motech City model is specifically the bag in which I'm interested. I'll search using ST1300 and see what comes up.

Thanks again,

Rick

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I really like the Chase Harper bags. They are either magnetic or strap down, and come in a wide range of sizes. And they are made in the USA.
My son has one he really likes, but I don't think it is made in the US..

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
All ChaseHarper bags are made in the USA. They are very well made, have a lifetime warranty, and if you have a question, someone in California actually picks up the phone.
Excellent News! Glad to hear they are made in the US. They will be on my priority list should I ever need another tank bag or other product they make.

Mike

Top Bottom