Test of "Stop and Go" air pump

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Not sure where to put this but here goes.
Seeing that "Stop and Go" makes an air pump with a real screw on fitting, I decided to try it out. I am impressed. I deflated my long suffering Connie's Dunlop E3 Goldwing tire from 40 psi to 18 psi and screwed on the pump.
The fitting worked well and easily and there was no leakage with just lightly finger tightening it. The on board gage read 12 psi. I idled the bike and ran the pump for 6 minutes, (3 minutes with clip on leads to the battery and 3
with the cigar lighter plug) at which time the gage on the pump said 40 psi
and climbing. I turned the pump off and put on my gage and it said 38 psi. The pump was barely warm. I got no complaints. I really didn't expect the on board gage to be accurate but it is a good indication of how well the pump is
working during the inflation process.
(note that the tire changed shape little from 40 psi to 18 psi)

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Oh yeah. It is definitely smaller than my other ones, it works as well, and old people such as myself with weak clumsy hands really like the old screw on type connector.

That's the one I have and love the size.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I bought a Double Touch pump from Cycle Gear and tested it, seems quick and also has screw onto valve stem, Price was rigt $ 19.00 and change. Nice case, but a bit larger than the stop and go. got it to replace one I have misplaced .

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I've been looking for a small, reliable easy to use pump to put under the seat. I now need to see if they do the "Stop and Go" in Europe.

The pump I currently use is from Mercedes and is too big to carry about on the bike. The Gauge is amazingly accurate though.

elizilla

John, if you can't get one there I can get you one and send it.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Here is one that comes out of the UK...it looks like it came out of the same factory as mine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAC-12v-Car-Motorcycle-Motor-Bike-Compact-Mini-Tyre-Air-Compressor-Inflator-Pump-/201022107463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ecdd9ef47
I've been looking for a small, reliable easy to use pump to put under the seat. I now need to see if they do the "Stop and Go" in Europe.

The pump I currently use is from Mercedes and is too big to carry about on the bike. The Gauge is amazingly accurate though.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
ref: http://www.cyclegear.com/DOUBLE-TOUGH-Compact-Portable-Mini-Air-Compressor#pr-header-back-to-top-link
It looks to me like these all come out of the same factory....the main thing is everyone should test their pumps as in the reviews, some folks cant make theirs go above 40 psi. As a backup, I have the CO2 cart.s and the can of Slime.
Stay tuned to this station for an upcoming test of puncture hole reaming tools for dual compound tires....!
I bought a Double Touch pump from Cycle Gear and tested it, seems quick and also has screw onto valve stem, Price was rigt $ 19.00 and change. Nice case, but a bit larger than the stop and go. got it to replace one I have misplaced .

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Chriss I agree with y ou especilay regarding using yout pimp at home to be sure it will doo the job for you. I always use mint when toping off tires during a preptrip 1 I have not had ne fail yet, but I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have to use a new untried pump either.

EldonI don't carry slime, but gummy rope plugs, Patch glue and tube repair kit and tire irons and spare tubes when on a long ride with a tube type bike. also a small can of talcome powder to help tube to slip into place if it has to come out of tire.Also a small bottle of soap to help find puncture in tubles tire. Eye glas cleaner can serv as the soap , this I know as I used some to bail out a BEEMER rider several years ago in Alaska/

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got Aerostitch's little pump. I wish it had the screw-on valve attachment and a gauge, but it's been reliable and it packs small. I've also got the Stop and Go Plug kit, but when I had a puncture in Spearfish in '12, that didn't work. We ended up using gummy worms -- they didn't work long either, but worked long enough to get me back to the campground. Honda Roadside Service got me to Rapid for the only 170/70X17 tire in South Dakota.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Many thanks for the info and offer Elizilla . I'll check out ebay and get back to you if I need one sending.

I did buy a small pump (not the same as this) last year but it was, in a word, disappointing. So I still use the Mercedes one.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I bet you have your own "local" ebay .fr and shipping from the UK is much cheaper than from the US!

http://www.ebay.fr/

or not
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/RAC-12v-Car-Motorcycle-Motor-Bike-Compact-Mini-Tyre-Air-Compressor-Inflator-Pump-/201022107463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ecdd9ef47

Ever make it over to the UK?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAC-12v-Car-Motorcycle-Motor-Bike-Compact-Mini-Tyre-Air-Compressor-Inflator-Pump-/201022107463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ecdd9ef47

Many thanks for the info and offer Elizilla . I'll check out ebay and get back to you if I need one sending.

I did buy a small pump (not the same as this) last year but it was, in a word, disappointing. So I still use the Mercedes one.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I have the Stop n Go as well. The price was great, size is perfect and it works. I'm glad I went this route over one of the CO2 cartridge kits. Also have the Stop n Go worm plugs and insertion tool. I hope I never have to use them.

Top Bottom