The Clam Digger, Chamcook, NB

Bike
Bonneville T120
As my mother is no longer on this earth, my wife was working and my daughter on her first Mother's Day is many thousands of miles away, I decided to go to the Clam Digger for fried clams. Duane and I mounted our trusty steeds and headed for Atlantic Canada, east across route 9 , also called "The Airline". Aside from some fairly horrendous frost heaves and a few eminently avoidable potholes that road was okay. The border crossing was uneventful as there was essentially no one else crossing.

I'd estimate that Chamcook is about 20 miles into Canada. The fried clams were just as good as I remember. I think it's because they're so fresh. It was the nicest day we've had since early October with temperatures in the low to mid 70s, partly to mostly sunny. We I needed to remove layers because it was too warm! That's the first time that's happened this year!

Two comments: The trees are sporting a few more leafs than in New Brunswick. That was Duane's hot dog, but I ate all of the clams and most of the fries!

IMG_1112 copy.jpg

Attachments

bicyclist

Two blue peas in a pod.

Rt 9 is a pretty nice road. Could use a higher speed limit, but not too much traffic, so it's fairly easy to get around.

Did you take the new crossing or go through town? The bypass is nice and they've done a bunch of work on Hwy 1 in NB.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good looking bikes! Sure wish I could find some good fried clams down here in the Arkansas Valley of Colorado!

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
Two blue peas in a pod.

Rt 9 is a pretty nice road. Could use a higher speed limit, but not too much traffic, so it's fairly easy to get around.

Did you take the new crossing or go through town? The bypass is nice and they've done a bunch of work on Hwy 1 in NB.
The new crossing. They did a fine job on that and usually traffic flows pretty well there.

Top Bottom