The Eclipse Apocalpse Is Coming

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I live fairly close to the line of maximum darkness and in another hour, people will be wailing at the sun being swallowed by an evil demon! ;)

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
only certain brands of milk and bread will make it thru the eclipse!!! went outside from work to view, had great views here in NC

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
100% Here in the Dallas area, pretty awesome... the pic doesn't do it justice, no idea how to get a better one... doh!.. I'll try again in 20 years.

IMG_20240408_134138.jpg

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Atlanta wasn't anything really exciting. But I've been through a couple of these before.:) Some of the pictures on the news reports where really good.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
My camera work wasn't very good. We are in middle of totality zone. Had people from all over come here to view it. Interesting to see totality. Not sure I would travel many, many miles to view and then have to put up with crowds, traffic etc. Last I checked I-40 is showing slow traffic as everyone tries to leave the area. Good to see from my back porch.

Arknt

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
We live in a 95% totality area which was close enough. I tried putting my eclipse safety shades in front of my cell phone camera lens and that didn't work. I'm glad we stayed home and didn't try to drive to a totality zone. I'm told by those who did drive that it was a zoo.

Mike

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I don't think an unaided camera can do it justice.
You are right on! I have some pretty nice Minolta / Sony SLR / DSLR camera gear and none of it was suitable. There will be better pictures on line than I could have shot anyway. :rolleyes: I read that many cell phone cameras have a sensitive sensor chip that is easily fried by taking sun shots. Might see a jump in warranty claims at the phone store this week...

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I've seen a few good pics locals here took. Neighbor got a camera "kit" which included a filter and camera settings to get in the ballpark. Her pics were pretty good.
Years ago I had a decent camera and took some pics I really liked but now I am old and lazy. If the camera doesn't get a good pic in auto then I just don't get a good pic.

Arknt

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
We live in a 95% totality area which was close enough. I tried putting my eclipse safety shades in front of my cell phone camera lens and that didn't work. I'm glad we stayed home and didn't try to drive to a totality zone. I'm told by those who did drive that it was a zoo.

Mike
In 2017, Barb and I thought about driving south from Spokane to Baker OR but elected not to. The road back to Spokane was a parking lot for hours and hours. After 75 years of eclipses, I have to say they are cool but not that cool. Now a good comet..........

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I went outside a couple of times to peek at the eclipse, I wasn't impressed. Media is now reporting that some folks are experiencing some sort of illness having watched the eclipse. At first it sounded like a local malady confined to the St Louis area but now I've been reading that the illness is being reported nationwide. I'm lucky to have remembered to wear my tinfoil hat when venturing outside to look at the eclipse and I always make sure there are no black helicopters in the area. You can't be too careful, I always say.

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
No exposure issues here. It was cloudy, rainy, with some fog all day. It was just a little darker than normal. Sort of like driving to Duluth to look at the fog - it looks like fog.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I went outside a couple of times to peek at the eclipse, I wasn't impressed. Media is now reporting that some folks are experiencing some sort of illness having watched the eclipse. At first it sounded like a local malady confined to the St Louis area but now I've been reading that the illness is being reported nationwide. I'm lucky to have remembered to wear my tinfoil hat when venturing outside to look at the eclipse and I always make sure there are no black helicopters in the area. You can't be too careful, I always say.

Mike
Gotta love today's media, Always hyper-ventilating about every thing. And then they wonder why nobody pays them any attention anymore.

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I am prepping for the next one. 2045. I may need a little help getting my wheelchair outside and someone to remind me to put the glasses on.

Arknt

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Gotta love today's media, Always hyper-ventilating about every thing. And then they wonder why nobody pays them any attention anymore.
Not just the media, Chuck... several states, jurisdictions within states and even the Province of Ontario declared states of emergency because of the influx of folks wanting to witness the eclipse in totality. All that was needed were a few extra traffic cops.... sheeesh.....

Mike

Top Bottom