The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is connect to, . . .

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Well, I needed a new GPS because the old Garmin Nuvi kept failing due to the loose mini USB connector, so I purchased a new Garmin Zumo (660lm). So far so good, but then I needed to power it and read all the various postings, and decided that the best spot would be dead center near the handlebars, and since I was getting pains in my shoulders, I thought heck, I might as well get the Motorcycle Larry risers and the MCL cap with the mount for the RAM ball. Okay, but then the postings explained that I would need a longer clutch cable. No problem. And while I was at it, the prior owner had put on some grips which were loose. Heck, I might as well replace them with some new Honda grips. But at the cost of having the dealer order them, I said might as well spend a bit more and replace them with the Honda heated grips so I can extend my riding season. Okay, but that meant that I needed to power them too, so I just order the auxiliary power harness from Honda. Another package from an online dealer, the mailman thinks things are getting out of hand. All is good but you still don't have power for charging the iPhone? Answer, just order a Powerlet outlet and cable to run back to the battery and install it at the same time in the left hand change pocket.

I think I am finally done! The pannier locks are installed, the Bestin pannier liners are here, so if he is reading this posting, there is no need for Santa to come now.

Am I missing anything else?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Sounds like you've done some good work. Farkling is a never-ending process, though, so... what are you going to do next?

OP
OP
ADK Jim

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Thanks guys for all of your responses. Chris, I opted to purchase the handlebar clamp without the power outlet as I seem to have enough challenges getting the key in and thought by moving the gps towards me when riding, it wouldn't make that problem any worst.
As far as warm beautiful weather for riding in FL, you're right. About 95% of of the time it's perfect, but a few mornings on long rides in January and February, it would be nice to have the heated grips. Plus, I hope to do some long distance rides along with my camping gear up the east coast too. Air deflectors - yep, they came on the bike from the original owner.
So guys, the only items left under my potential wish list are additional lighting options and possibly a custom seat - any suggestions?

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Russell Daylong Seat. I have one, look for 10% off or so in late Oct or by Mid Nov on the website. Truly makes NT an long distance tourer

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Russell Daylong Seat. I have one, look for 10% off or so in late Oct or by Mid Nov on the website. Truly makes NT an long distance tourer
Whatchoo' gonna' get in late Oct (which is darn near gone, BTW) or mid-Nov? Are you another of those guys who rolls over 150K and then abandons the NT? :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'd agree that the Russell DayLong is a great improvement. I've had two now -- one that worked for over 100K on my two '99 Kawasaki Concours and one that's worked for over 100K on my NT. My 2nd favorite farkle has been the Rostra electronic cruise control I got from Murphskits.com. I've got the original Denali D1 lights mounted on my fender and they've been a very valuable addition, too. There weren't many LED options to the Denalis back in 2010.

OP
OP
ADK Jim

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Ooh, those ADVMoster Model 30 lights look very interesting!! The firm is in FL, so I might give them a call and check it out. Phil, no problem after the last 500 miles of riding I am getting more and more comfortable with my NT. Anything bigger won't do for this little guy. But . . . I'll never get in the miles on you have. Your a legend in my mind!
Jim

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Whatchoo' gonna' get in late Oct (which is darn near gone, BTW) or mid-Nov? Are you another of those guys who rolls over 150K and then abandons the NT? :)
Actually, I was aiming this at Dave VanSlyke (WoodAddict) since he was saying his Russell was going to be on the market.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Actually, I was aiming this at Dave VanSlyke (WoodAddict) since he was saying his Russell was going to be on the market.
i'm sticking to NT, was just informing Jim about RDL normal yearly discounts around this time. Phil, you have got to start reading with your eyes open at late night scrolling and trolling!! go back and read. i'm stuck with my NT until 200K or more, I'll be first in US to do this, only rustinpeace was crazier than me, now he abandoned the NT for those flashy ADV bikes

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil, you have got to start reading with your eyes open at late night scrolling and trolling!! go back and read
I must have dozed off! I completely missed the reference to 10% off. I hope that Russell has the discount this year. It seems to me that they might not have had it the last couple of years.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I must have dozed off! I completely missed the reference to 10% off. I hope that Russell has the discount this year. It seems to me that they might not have had it the last couple of years.
That's OK Phil, us old people can relate to your issues. Sometimes the concentration is intermittant (or worse).

I beieive the 10% discount from Russell Day Long has been pretty loose. It was usually connected to a "group buy" and you didn't even have to be part of the group to get it. Then after the "group buy" was "full" you could usually get the discount by just asking. It never seemed to me like their policy was very firm, especially if you wanted to schedule a build when they weren't too busy.

Oh, Phil, we are in need of an update on your hand. Seems like you were scheduled to have pins out by now and facing more PT (physical torture).

Last edited:
Top Bottom