The Spanish Dancer. Rest in Peace.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Picked up my new 2015 VFR today! Rode it home 35 miles from dealer. This bike is so much fun. Its nice and small and light and easy to get on. And its nice and smooth with the throttle response about perfect. Stable yet flickable. And so very different from my Old Nt700v, Present FJR and present Suzuki XT 650 Vstrom. This is gonna be a great bike for me. Great way to celibrate 55 years of riding! I got 1800 for the NT. It needs tires so I was happy with the price and I kept some farkels for others to enjoy or put on the VFR. Now I need a name for my new bike!
vfr 1 fb.JPG

Bike
2010 NT700V
Its nice and small and light
Light? The VFR is 530ish pounds, for a sports bike that isn't light. I guess if your reference is a Goldwing, then sure. A CBR1000rr is 100 pounds lighter than a VFR 800. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your new ride, but I wouldn't put the VFR in the category of "small and light" Hondas.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
How about Victoria Rouge?
No. Hell no. This bike is more fun to ride than having a barrel of monkies! Yet, if you want to use her, she has a bite...When the Vtec kicks in, she really growls.....but she is easy to paddle around, Goes like stink. This is the engine the NT should have. It brings back the essance of motorcycling. Still working on a name....
geisha.jpg

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
No. Hell no. This bike is more fun to ride than having a barrel of monkies! Yet, if you want to use her, she has a bite...When the Vtec kicks in, she really growls.....but she is easy to paddle around, Goes like stink. This is the engine the NT should have. It brings back the essance of motorcycling. Still working on a name....
geisha.jpg

It sure is different than the NT. I can see that if this is what you really wanted, the NT would not satisfy you. For me, going faster is balanced against how bad my back would hurt leaning that far forward!! Yes, if you love it that much, give it a name.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Some backs, like the one my buddy in Colorado Springs has, work better leaned forward than they do sitting up straight. My friend had a prescription from his back doctor to ride at least 500 miles/wk.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It sure is different than the NT. I can see that if this is what you really wanted, the NT would not satisfy you. For me, going faster is balanced against how bad my back would hurt leaning that far forward!! Yes, if you love it that much, give it a name.
The NT is a fine bike and I had mine for 8 years...8 wonderful years....it does what it is told to do except excite. It is a wonderful mule. I even took it to the rally this year along with 2 other hold outs. But if I kept it, it would hardly ever get ridden....Now I have three bikes that are oh so very different from each other that it makes motorcycling fun again. The FJR is a wonderful pavement eater and once again I will mount her and ride her to Reno and back....electric wind screen, cruise control, heated grips...plush ride....but the writing is on the wall....the little VFR is much more fun to ride...and it doesnt get tired and take a nap. Its faster than stink and it corners like a dream. And it doesnt weigh 700 lbs. From here on out...its lighter bikes for me....be anything but boring.
What ever you do, dont test ride a VFR...one the tach hits the VTEC cut in point and that engine starts to growl, you can never go back.....
With the risers, my seating position is about perfect for my bad back. It even makes me correct my posture.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Some backs, like the one my buddy in Colorado Springs has, work better leaned forward than they do sitting up straight. My friend had a prescription from his back doctor to ride at least 500 miles/wk.
If I was forced to ride a Harley, I would be a cripple in a week....

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
How 'bout Scarlett O'Honda! Goes like the wind instead of Gone With The Wind. If that name don't suit you, too bad 'cause frankly my dear Coyote, I don't give a damn!

He..he..he..

😆

Mike

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
How 'bout Scarlett O'Honda! Goes like the wind instead of Gone With The Wind. If that name don't suit you, too bad 'cause frankly my dear Coyote, I don't give a damn!
😂 Good one Mike. Old school.

Top Bottom