Throttle body ?

The NT started lunging and missing and acting like my vstrom when the throttle body sensor went south. It is an unpleasant jerking of the engine when throttled up to any degree but is also intermittent.
Considering that the bike was left in storage for many years it has been running great for the 800mi that I've put on it. Hopefully I'm right but we shall see.

Looking to see if anyone else has had problems like this with their NT ?

Thanks

OP
OP
Oldbluesguy
The NT started lunging and missing and acting like my vstrom when the throttle body sensor went south. It is an unpleasant jerking of the engine when throttled up to any degree but is also intermittent.
Considering that the bike was left in storage for many years it has been running great for the 800mi that I've put on it. Hopefully I'm right but we shall see.

Thanks
Well the problem is back. Filled up rode the bike rode 120mi then it started missing and acting like the throttle body again when upon acceleration.
I'm draining the gas tank today to see if maybe there is water in the tank but I dunno. Any more thoughts on this issue guys before I hand it over to somebody smarter than I am. Which could be just about anybody these days.

Thanks
Old blue

Thanks

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Just wondering what fuel are you running ? If you find water in the tank, my son and I both had some bad experience running the higher octane. We definitely got water and had to work on our bikes during a trip. So we quit running that and just use 87. My guess is, not many folks run higher than 87 anymore and the other tanks at the stations gather more moisture ? Shooting in the dark here just cause the only other time I had your problem was the plug caps. Hope you get it figured out.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Crankshaft position sensor? Sounds like the problem is occurring when engine is hot, others here have experienced this, perhaps they can chime in.

Top Bottom