Throttle Position Sensor TPS Part Number

Bike
NT700v, MG v85tt, KTM 690
The throttle body sensors are plugged up with a subharness. What I was referring to as the "mid-connector" is the connector that joins the subharness to the bike's main harness. It's a gray plug that is clipped to the inside of the frame tube on a little metal stud. Pull the side panels, and lift the tank. Look in the little space between the left of the airbox and the inside of the frame rail, you'll see it. I should post these here too:

TP.PNGntframe.JPG
Just seeing this , thanks for posting such a thorough illustration. Even though the problem is tentatively solved. It looks as this sub harness can be readily accessed and cleaned as a preventative measure.

Bike
2010 NT700V
When my NT was having the TP code, I could go almost a 100 miles or more between occurrences. It wasn't until I put a 1,000 miles on incident free that I was confident the connector cleaning did the job.

Bike
NT700v, MG v85tt, KTM 690
When my NT was having the TP code, I could go almost a 100 miles or more between occurrences. It wasn't until I put a 1,000 miles on incident free that I was confident the connector cleaning did the job.
That's great
True Dat.
My tp code returned after 175 miles or so. So I reread this whole thread and did the following.
1. Found the mid (sub) harness connector. Thank you! Cleaned and lubed it with dielectric. Did Not reattach to frame clip, instead strapped it to main harness thereby avoiding constant vibration from the frame.
2. Tie strapped the tp connector to the tp even though it snapped into position well enough.
Hopefully like you I'll be able to report back after a while that the trouble is gone. So far so good. (40 miles)

Just read up and figured I'd try to keep information fresh, I had bought one of the car tps for a honda accord until I saw the change in directions from this forum. Canceled the order and kept looking, found one under a different part number

Just read up and figured I'd try to keep information fresh, I had bought one of the car tps for a honda accord until I saw the change in directions from this forum. Canceled the order and kept looking, found one under a different part number
16402-RAA-A01 JT6H 16402-RAC-A01 JT6HB Remanufactured Throttle Position Sensor TPS

Looked on amazon and that seemed to be the right dimensions and size, hoping for the best, if not the OEM part is like 126 on partzilla , this one was 12
Should be here in like three days so no long-term shipping

Top Bottom