[Review] Throttle Rocker II review

EddieJ

Last week I rode over 500 miles in 2 days. It was a round trip from Crawfordville to Pensacola plus commuting to meetings while in Pensacola. Everything abut the trip on the NT was great except for an incredibly sore wrist. A friend told me about Throttle Rockers and I purchased a Throttle Rocker II from the direct site www.throttlerocker.com.
The II version has a hook and strap means of attaching.
When I first put it on I was concerned about the size interfering with braking and thought it would make city riding challenging. To my surprise, I had no trouble adapting to it. I also wondered how it would affect the benefit of heated grips (yes it does get that cold in Florida). Again, no trouble. From city streets to open highways, from 70+mph to 15mph, it has worked well. A bonus has been a noticeable increase in gas mileage from 55-57mpg to 65mpg... Can a piece of plastic make that much of a difference?

Needless to say I am totally sold on it and that was $12 (price includes shipping) well spent.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Thanks for posting a Review. To make product reviews easier to find please use the Review prefix, located at the top of your first post, when posting one as it flags the post and lists it in the Review Tab at the top of the page. I edited your post and added the Prefix. If you, or anyone else, has a question on using the Review or How To prefixs please let me know....

Bike
KLR650, Red NT700V, YZFR3
I have been using crampbuster for years on both my bikes, similar to the throttle rocker except different mounting arrangement.

No Velcro is used, making it is easier to adjust the position, you just turn it backwards.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I've used both Crampbuster and Throttlerocker on two different motorcycles and found them OK. But then I went to the Kaoko throttle lock on the NT and like it even better (except the price). I still carry the Crampbuster in my tank bag as a back-up or loaner and have only loaned it once.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have the Crampbuster on both bikes and find them quite useful. The simplicity is incredible. I am, however, researching a good Cruise Control that would work on the NT. Then I may hold off until I get a Triumph Trophy. I have had three Triumphs in the past and would like to get back into the Brit Bike fold.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a Throttlemeister and like it. I used it for the first 10-15,000 miles I put on the bike, but then I installed a Rostra electronic cruise control that I bought from www.murphskits.com. It's worked very, very well for me. I consider it my 1st or 2nd best farkle, right up there with my Russell DayLong saddle.

I'd had an Audiovox vacuum-operated cruise control that I'd bought from Murph on both of my '99 Kawasaki Concours, but decided that a vacuum-operated control might not work as well on a 670cc engine as on a 1000cc one.

I guess I need to confess that I didn't install the cruise control. A friend who had installed the one on my Connie also did the installation of the Rostra. I will take some credit for coming up with the concept for the linkage of the Rostra's cable-pull. It's been very reliable and eases the task of riding long distances.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have a Crampbuster and like it a lot. If it is NOT there, the difference is quite noticable. No, it's not a cruise control or a throttle lock. But is does provide leverage and takes pressure off the wrist.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I've tried the Crampbuster and didn't really like it. I have had a Go Cruise throttle lock on my NT for 2.5 years and it really works well for what I want all for about $20. The newer aluminum adjustable model is $35. It gives me a 2-3 minute break when needed, and yes you may have to do some adjusting for hills but it is a great bang for the buck.

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
I tried the throttle rocker/crampbuster didn't like, I'm a fan of the throttlemeister throttle lock.

Top Bottom