Time for Studs

Those are HARDCORE winter riders! If I were in the frozen wasteland like some of our members are I would probably be crazy enough to jump onto that bandwagon; particularly if I were a few years younger ! As it is will read about them and enjoy letting them ride in the nasty stuf I have a number of affectionate names for:rofl1:

Eldon

Yeah, if you're looking for some nice reading, take a look at the ride reports from a guy who lives in Colorado. Fantastic pictures.

Their history for why the group was founded is fun to read also. You'll find it another friendly forum. They don't even have moderators. Someone brought the subject up once, and everyone asked, "Why?".

Chris

<gasp!> no moderators!!?? They actually "trust" their forum members to be civil???

;^)

Mike

One of our infamous Guzzi members is a rounder, just doesn't belong. He also races on frozen lakes. He lives in Wisconsin. Rides his Guzzi's around the country even in winter. It's usually for job site work. He carries a baggie of sheet metal screws in case he runs into ice.

Back in 61 when I only had an MC license and was attending Syracuse University, I had an R-50 fitted with a Steib Sidecar. I carried three cinder blocks in the sidecar, wore insulated long underwear under flannel lined jeans, a hunting jacket, insulated boots, and still froze my a** off. Syracuse winters are brutal. That is why I moved to the Maine Coast where the winters are not so bad. Of course MC clothing is far superior now.

Back
Top Bottom