Tipsoo Lake and Naches Peak Loop - August 9

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Great, great pictures! Looks like it was quite a day.

markboy

Excellent pictures. I made the trip yesterday morning on a solo ride. The mountain was shrouded with clouds but the surrounding area was all blue skies. I went up past Tipsoo a bit to look east from the summit and was tempted to do the long way home through Yakima :).

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Nice!

One of these days, I'd love to park and go for a hike instead of just passing through. I just get kinda antsy about leaving riding gear on the bike.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I would have to wear something other than the Roadcrafter. Hmmm.......

We did Artist's Point two summers ago when the Cle Elum fire was raging. Visibility was down to less than 1/4 mile in Wenatchee. It was so stinking beautiful up there.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Gonna do Mt St Helens, east side, next week, weather permitting. Probably hit it on Tuesday after camping out on SR 410 for a night. The bird is a gray jay. Very friendly cuss.
My wife and I did some hiking around Sullivan Lake Sunday.... 5.3 miles and 3000 ft up, 5.3 miles and 3000 ft down. Didn't make it to the top of Hall Mt. but had fun anyway.
Saw Bear scat along the way and a Moose in the back yard before we left....had three pretty girls to go with..... (moose seemed unimpressed with our dog training equipment)
Western WA has so many great places to tour and camp around in.....seems like I never have enough time to do it all....gotta get ready for Reno on the 5th....

I would have to wear something other than the Roadcrafter. Hmmm.......

We did Artist's Point two summers ago when the Cle Elum fire was raging. Visibility was down to less than 1/4 mile in Wenatchee. It was so stinking beautiful up there.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'll be up in part of your country in a couple weeks. I'm doing the Three-Flags Classic sponsored by the Southern California Motorcycling Association. We'll come from Twin Falls through Boise, then up into mountains of Idaho and across to Bend, then north to Walla Walla, and end up riding from Walla Walla to Moses Lake to Twisp and end up at Harrison Hot Springs, BC.

I'm looking forward to it! Colorado's not bad, but Washington is great!

ken

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Just what I needed; beautiful pictures that make me miss the northwest even more.

Sweating again in Louisiana, until next summer.

Ken

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Chris, I haven't been to Artist's Point (and probably won't make it on this trip -- riding from Walla Walla to Harrison Hot Springs will pretty much take all day, I'd guess), but I have been to Mt St Helens and Rainier. We had a Concours Owners Group National Rally in Centralia in 2005. I'd ridden the North Cascades Highway west to east the year before on my way back from Hyder, Alaska.

I've got a friend who's the United Methodist minister in Twisp. He and his wife just moved there in June (just in time for the fire) and I'm hoping I'll have time for a cup of coffee with him.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
May the fires and smoke not hinder your pleasure! If I see you as we pass through Bend, I will honk! :)
Chris, I haven't been to Artist's Point (and probably won't make it on this trip -- riding from Walla Walla to Harrison Hot Springs will pretty much take all day, I'd guess), but I have been to Mt St Helens and Rainier. We had a Concours Owners Group National Rally in Centralia in 2005. I'd ridden the North Cascades Highway west to east the year before on my way back from Hyder, Alaska.

I've got a friend who's the United Methodist minister in Twisp. He and his wife just moved there in June (just in time for the fire) and I'm hoping I'll have time for a cup of coffee with him.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Hummmm....I might have to put Artists point on my "toDo" list!
I hope you get more time here than just swinging through fast. Much of the area from Bend, OR to Twisp, WA, will be in Eastern Washington and closer to a desert environment than what you see in the pictures. It's beautiful in its own way, but not this.

I don't know if you'll have the time, or what way you'll be traveling back. If there's a way to swing east when you get up to Bellingham on Hwy 9 to Mt. Baker and Artist Point, that would be great.

View attachment 9615

You're also missing Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier. But maybe that'll give you another reason to come back. ;)

Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Hey Chris, I have dim memories about being in this area of Mt. Baker back in the last century....does this scenery look familiar??? My wife remembers the hike also but cant remember where it was...only that it had to be in the Mt. Baker area.
Maybe in the early 1990s

I hope you get more time here than just swinging through fast. Much of the area from Bend, OR to Twisp, WA, will be in Eastern Washington and closer to a desert environment than what you see in the pictures. It's beautiful in its own way, but not this.

I don't know if you'll have the time, or what way you'll be traveling back. If there's a way to swing east when you get up to Bellingham on Hwy 9 to Mt. Baker and Artist Point, that would be great.

View attachment 9615

You're also missing Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier. But maybe that'll give you another reason to come back. ;)

Chris

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Thanks, Chris! I'm hopeful that the Southern California Motorcycle Association, the organizers of the ride will be up to date on that stuff and brief us before we leave Tucson. If they don't mention it, I'll be sure to ask!

Top Bottom