Tire Time! (Ultra II Storm)

SCDAUB

This will be set number 4! Avon Ultra II Storm. I got almost 10,000 out of this set! Here is the funny part.. I bought this set 12-3-11 and here it is 8-23-12 and 9,850 on them!
Anyway.. thought i would share.. and yes, I replace BOTH front and rear at the same time... Just feels safer to me.

Scott

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I ran the previous versions of Avon Storm on my Concours and Versys. They were great tires. Handled and stuck very well, always held air, easy to install, but I didn't get anywhere near the mileage that you did. They were done at about 8K (rear).

I'm going to change to the PR3's next time based on posts on this forum.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I ran the Storm II's on mine the last time. GOt 11k out of them, but, the belts were showing :)

They were nice tires, but, I put the Michelin PR3's on this time. First impression is they are dead quiet. Make the stock and Avon tires sound like a locomotive. The PR3's are just as good at corners as the Avon's (in the dry).

So, time will tell if the PR3's last longer (I think they will).

tawilke46

I am getting a set of PR3's installed on my NT today at Friendly Honda. Can't wait to try them out!

Last edited:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Charlie and Tim,
Wait till you run the PR3s in the rain. Your grin will last about a week. Those tires don't know wet from dry--it's all the same for them.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
LOL, I might have a LONG wait to ride in rain. :) I seem to have a schedule that misses all the afternoon thundershowers.

Will be on a longer ride next month, Alb to Las Vegas to Yosemite to Lake Tahoe to Golden Gate to south on Hwy 1. Should get some rain out of that trip.

Top Bottom